Today is a Muenster grilled cheese sandwich kinda day!
Here in Virginia, it’s cold, rainy, and just downright nasty outside today.
Grilled cheese is one of my favorite things o eat in the winter.
It’s so satisfying on a cold day. I’ve made grilled cheese several ways, and this is one of my favorites.
I was skeptical at first, but after the first taste I don’t think I’ll ever go back to making them without it!
It makes the sandwich so creamy and extra cheesy.
If I don’t have tomato soup, I love just eating grilled cheese with fresh tomato.
There’s just something about grilled cheese and tomatoes, they belong together!
Muenster Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Ezekiel Bread
- Muenster cheese slices
- organic reduced fat cream cheese
- Earth Balance buttery spread
- Fresh tomato slices
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Toast Ezekiel bread one time (from frozen), or until it is the consistency of normal bread but not crisped.
- Butter one side of each Ezekiel slice with earth balance, and the other side with cream cheese. The butter slices will face outward.
- Place one slice of Muenster cheese on each sandwich, and top with other Ezekiel piece (cream cheese side facing inward)
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium heat
- Cook sandwiches until crispy on both sides, making sure to flip
- Serve with fresh tomato slices topped with cracked black pepper