Disclosure: This Vegan Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark is sponsored by Nielsen-Massey. While I was compensated, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Build Your Bite!
I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today!
This homemade vegan chocolate sea salt pretzel bark recipe is made with just 5 (!!!) ingredients and comes together in minutes.
After every lunch and dinner, I find myself with a sweet tooth and want just a bite of something chocolate to satisfy that craving.
This pretzel bark is my perfect dessert: easy to make, keeps for weeks in the freezer (not that it will last that long!), and full of salty sweet flavor.
With Valentine’s day tomorrow, my mind is on all things chocolate.
Robbie and I don’t really do much for Valentine’s, but he always makes a point to buy me some sort of chocolate.
This year I am requesting another batch of the sea salt pretzel bark, because nothing store bought can even come close to how good this is!
Ever since discovering sea salt flakes I have been using them in desserts whenever I get the chance.
The flakes of salt contrast with the sweetness of the chocolate and it is a flavor explosion.
My favorite bites are the ones with the most salt!
For this recipe, I used Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract.
Nielsen-Massey is known for their vanilla extracts, and the first time I tasted a recipe using one, I knew why!
Nielsen-Massey uses a cold extraction process instead of heat extraction to preserve all of the flavor compounds present in vanilla beans, which gives their products a richer flavor when compared to other vanilla extracts.
Their Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract has a sweet, creamy flavor and is a great all purpose vanilla for any recipe, sweet or savory.
They’re also family owned (which I love!), and all of their products are all-natural, GMO-free, certified gluten-free, certified Kosher, and allergen-free.
How amazing is that?!
I loved the flavor that the Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract added to this bark.
After melting the chocolate and coconut oil, just remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
Inside the bark you will also add chopped up pretzels (I used gluten free) for extra crunch.
That extra crunch makes for great texture!
On top, I placed around 15 – 20 whole pretzels, and a generous sprinkle of flaked sea salt.
Then pop it in the freezer for an hour, or until set.
Just five ingredients and naturally gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
This pretzel bark is the perfect dessert for any occasion.
I love freezer sweets that I can grab anytime I need my chocolate fix.
This pretzel bark could not be easier to make, you have to try it!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Pretzel Bark Recipe
- 10 oz dairy free dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped gluten free pretzels
- 15 - 20 gluten free pretzels, for topping
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat coconut oil and chocolate chunks over low heat until melted, stirring often (around 3 - 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped pretzels and vanilla extract
- Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with wax paper and pour the chocolate mixture in
- Use a rubber spatula to spread it evenly into all the corners of the pan
- Sprinkle on sea salt and top with whole pretzels, as pictured
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until set
- Chop into small pieces using a knife, or break with your hands
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g