These cake mix cookie bars are made with just 4 ingredients and everyone loves this easy dessert recipe! The only thing better than yellow cake mix cookies is cookie bars!
These cake mix cookie bars are the best easy dessert!
These cake mix cookie bars have fast become top of my easy dessert list. With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes you can make homemade cookie bars in a fraction of the time!
Today I am sharing with you one of the most delicious and simple desserts that you’ll ever make! Have a bake sale coming up and need an easy dessert recipe? Or need a last minute dessert for the holidays?
This recipe and these cake mix banana muffins are two of my favorite ways to use a box of yellow cake mix!
I have made them for birthday parties, Christmas, dinner gatherings, graduations, and more. Basically any time I am asked to bring a dessert!
Everyone needs a back pocket simple dessert like this one. I love the simplicity of this dessert, and the taste of a homemade treat that didn’t take me an hour to make.
Ingredients to make cake mix cookie bars
- yellow cake mix
- chocolate chips
How to make cake mix cookie bars
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Add the cake mix and oil to the beaten eggs and mix well to combine.
Step 2: Beat in the chocolate chips (the batter will be very thick).
Step 3: Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the cookie bar batter evenly in the dish (this will take several minutes to spread evenly). I have found the easiest way to do this is to use a rubber spatula or greased hands.
Step 4: Bake the cookie bars at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once cooled, cut the cookie bars into squares.
Store any leftover bars in an airtight container.
Serve warm with ice cream for an extra delicious treat! Everyone loves them, and I love how simple they are to throw together.
Tips for spreading the batter
My preferred way to distribute the batter evenly is by using a rubber spatula.
It will take you a few minutes to press it down into the pan, but the rubber spatula is a lot easier to use for this than other kitchen tools I have tried.
If you don’t have a rubber spatula, you can try greasing your hands to help press the batter down.
If you’ve never made chocolate chip cookie bars with cake mix, you will be surprised at just how good they are!
They are unbelievably easy to make and so freaking good. We love having them warmed up with vanilla ice cream!
The texture of these bars is the thickness of a brownie with the taste of a chocolate chip cookie. They’re just so fun to eat and really satisfying and thick and chocolatey.
Storing your leftover cake mix cookie bars
Leftover cake bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Reader Favorite Recipes
- Air Fried Potatoes
- Chipotle Dressing
- Meatless Meatloaf
- Cream Corn
- Chickpea Salad Vegan
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Frozen
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 (15 oz) box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup olive oil (can substitute melted butter or vegetable oil also)
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs in a small bowl
- Add cake mix and olive oil to the beaten eggs and mix well
- Beat in chocolate chips (batter will be very thick)
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish (see notes for thickness)
- Spread batter evenly in the dish (this will take several minutes to spread evenly)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Once cooled, cover or store in an airtight container
- The batter will be thick and hard to spread (this is normal) I found that using a rubber spatula and a spoon made it easier to spread into the pan. It may take a couple minutes, but it's so worth it!
- The thickness of the cookie bars will depend on how large of a baking dish you use.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g