This ranch pasta salad is the best easy side dish for any occasion! Made with tri color rotini, red bell pepper, broccoli, cucumber, and a homemade creamy ranch pasta salad dressing.
This ranch pasta salad recipe is creamy, crunchy, and so yummy.
Pasta salad is a great dish for just about any occasion and we love to make it for holidays, cook outs, birthday parties, and more.
We love ranch salad dressing in our family, so this recipe is one that we could eat again and again!
It’s super simple to make, just like my tortellini pasta salad and southwest pasta salad and all you need is just 7 basic ingredients.
Ingredients to make ranch pasta salad
- tri color rotini pasta
- diced red bell pepper
- diced cucumber
- fresh broccoli, cut into small florets
- sour cream
- ranch dressing seasoning packet
How to make ranch pasta salad
Step 1: Cook the tri color rotini pasta noodles to al dente.
Add a few shakes of salt to the pasta water while it cooks.
Step 2: While the pasta is cooking, you can get started on chopping up the fresh vegetables.
Dice up the bell pepper and cucumber, and cut the broccoli into very small florets.
Step 3: When the rotini is done cooking, drain it and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Let it drain while you work on the remaining pasta salad ingredients.
Step 4: In a small bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, and ranch seasoning until combined to make the creamy ranch dressing.
Step 5: Add the drained and cooled pasta to a large serving bowl.
Add the cut up broccoli, bell pepper, and cucumber.
Step 6: Stir the ranch dressing into the pasta and veggies until well combined.
Salt the pasta salad to taste if necessary.
This recipe is best served right away for the best creaminess.
Like most pasta salad recipes, it will dry out some in the fridge.
The easy fix for this is simply stir in a little more ranch dressing if you plan to eat leftovers the next day!
Just use some bottled ranch dressing if you find it needs a little extra dressing.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
This ranch pasta salad is so delicious and you will definitely be back for seconds!
More recipes to try
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
I could eat this ranch pasta salad any time of year!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Ranch Pasta Salad
This creamy ranch pasta salad recipe is an easy and delicious side dish that is sure to be a hit!
- 12 oz tri color rotini pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 ½ cups finely diced broccoli florets
For the ranch salad dressing
- 8 oz sour cream
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 oz packet ranch seasoning
- Salt the pasta water and cook the tri color rotini according to the package instructions for al dente. Once it is done, drain immediately and rinse with cold water.
- Add the bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli, and rotini to a large serving bowl
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, and ranch seasoning to make the creamy ranch dressing
- Stir the ranch dressing into the pasta and veggies until combined. Salt to taste, if necessary
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for around an hour before serving
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge and enjoy within 3 days.
Most pasta salad will dry out some in the fridge, so if this happens I suggest stirring in a little bottled ranch before serving your leftovers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Wednesday 12th of October 2022
OMG this is my new favorite Pasta Salad!!! This will definitely be a go to staple recipe for me!