This Chickpea Pasta Salad is loaded with vibrant fresh veggies, chickpeas, feta cheese, and a delicious tangy lemon olive oil dressing. The perfect side dish for potlucks and picnics!
This chickpea pasta salad is fresh, tangy, and so flavorful.
It’s loaded with fresh vegetables, herbs, and a delicious lemon and olive oil dressing to tie it all together.
We love pasta salad recipes especially in the summertime, as they make great side dishes for potlucks, parties, picnics, and more.
I also love a good pasta salad for a refreshing lunch on hot days.
- chickpeas: drained and rinsed
- bowtie pasta: cooked to al dente
- red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
How to make chickpea pasta salad
Step 1: Cook the bowtie pasta according to package instructions al dente.
Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water once it has finished cooking.
This will stop the cooking process and make sure that the pasta does not end up mushy.
Step 2: While the pasta is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients for the chickpea pasta salad.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Cut up the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and parsley.
Step 3: Stir together the pasta salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl or shake in a mason jar.
You will need fresh lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt.
Step 4: Add the drained bowtie pasta, chickpeas, red onion, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, and parsley to a large bowl.
Step 5: Pour the dressing over the pasta salad, and stir to combine.
Salt to taste.
Like other pasta salad recipes, this is best when served fresh.
I still enjoyed leftovers from the fridge the next day, but it will dry out once you add the dressing.
How to make ahead
Planning to make this for a potluck?
I would suggest preparing the ingredients, then just stir in the dressing right before you plan on serving it.
This vegetarian pasta salad is so fresh and feta with lemon and olive oil and parsley makes it so flavorful!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
More Chickpea Recipes
- Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
- Vegan Chickpea Stir Fry Bowl
- Vegetarian Chickpea Nuggets
- Greek Cucumber Salad Recipe
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 15 oz Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 oz (3 cups dry) bowtie pasta
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
For the dressing:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the bowtie pasta according to package instructions al dente
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the pasta salad ingredients.
- Drain the pasta and rinse immediately with cold water to stop the cooking process. Let the pasta drain in the colander for several minutes to get rid of the excess water
- Stir together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or shake together in a mason jar
- Add the drained pasta, chickpeas, red onion, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, and parsley to a large bowl
- Pour the dressing over the top and stir well to combine. Salt to taste
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 429mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g