After the huge hit that was my Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake, I wanted to play around some and create more mug cakes!
Mug cakes have been a staple in our house now for awhile.
It’s such a quick and much healthier dessert that’s ready in just minutes!
Now I’m all about chocolate normally, but I was really craving some peanut butter cookies last week, so the idea for this mug cake was born.
This recipe is made using healthier ingredients, but it’s definitely an indulgence.
My husband and I usually split one of these mug cakes since it makes such a large serving.
I love dessert, so if I’m going to treat myself, I use healthier substitutions.
The second time it was not quite cake-y enough.
The third time I finally got it right! This cake tastes like a rich peanut butter cookie.
Not only is it delicious, but it’s also gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free!
It was insanely good, like eating a healthy reese’s cake.
If you love peanut butter cookies, you’ve got to try this one!
- ½ cup creamy peanutbutter
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Melt peanutbutter in a microwave safe mug for 30 seconds
- Add remaining ingredients and mix very well until combined
- Microwave for an additional 90 seconds, or until done