Delicious lightened up pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake recipe. The perfect single serve easy dessert for fall! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a microwave safe mug to make this recipe.
This pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake is a healthy and easy fall dessert.
A healthy mug cake that comes together in just 5 minutes, and tastes like fall heaven.
Every September rolls around and I crave ALL the pumpkin treats!
Although it tastes decadent, this pumpkin mug cake is dairy free, oil free, and made with wholesome simple ingredients.
Ingredients to make this healthy pumpkin mug cake
- pumpkin puree: not pumpkin pie filling.
- pure maple syrup: not pancake syrup, the real stuff.
- whole wheat flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips: do dairy free if you need to keep this df.
How to make this pumpkin mug cake
Step 1: Add the egg, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, whole wheat flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, sea salt, and mini chocolate chips to a microwave safe mug. Stir well until totally combined.
Step 2: Microwave the mug cake on high for 2 to 2 and ½ minutes. This time will vary based on your microwave. What you want to look for is the top not looking wet and the cake pulling away from the edges.
Step 3: Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
If you have never made a mug cake recipe before, you are in for a treat! All you need is a microwave safe mug, and a few simple ingredients and you can make cake for one in minutes.
Honestly, once you try mug cakes there’s no turning back.
It’s also incredibly easy to make them healthier, while still tasting like a decadent dessert.
Some other great mug cake recipes:
This mug cake will satisfy your sweet tooth and your pumpkin cravings all in one!
You’ve got to try this fantastic fall dessert.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Hungry for more? Here are some reader favorite pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Truffles
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe mug and stir until well combined
- Microwave the mug cake on high for 2 to 2 ½ minutes, until cooked in the center
- Serve as is or top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 6gSugar: 50gProtein: 11g