Need an easy weeknight dinner? This cheesy baked tortellini is ready in no time and full of fresh veggies and of course lots of cheese!
Tortellini is one of my favorite things to make when I need a meal in a hurry like tortellini pasta salad.
It takes almost no time to cook, or in this case you can just throw it right in the baking dish and let the oven cook it for you!
This easy comfort food baked tortellini is made with fresh mushrooms and zucchini and mixed with your favorite pasta sauce and a bag of cheese tortellini.
Simply cook the veggies, toss it all together, top with cheese, and bake until it’s bubbly and golden browned.
This easy dinner is a favorite with everyone and doesn’t require a lot of work. My favorite kind of meal! It’s also vegetarian making it perfect for meatless Monday.
Ingredients to make baked tortellini
- refrigerated cheese tortellini
- a jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- veggies: mushroom, zucchini, and fresh garlic
- butter: to cook the veggies in
- italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese: freshly grated
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt: to taste
How to make baked tortellini
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. If you prefer to use oil, olive oil will also work just fine.
Step 2: Add the fresh minced garlic, mushrooms and zucchini and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until the veggies are softened.
Step 3: Mix together the tortellini, sauce, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and a few pinches of salt in the skillet.
Give it a good stir so that all the cheese and spices is mixed throughout.
Step 4: Grease a small baking dish and add the tortellini mixture, spreading it out in an even layer.
Step 5: Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese in an even layer.
Step 6: Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake the tortellini at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and is bubbly.
Optional: remove the foil at the end of cook time and broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese on top. Watch CLOSELY to avoid burning.
Wondering what pairs well with baked tortellini?
This would be delicious served with a side salad and crusty garlic bread.
Or keep it simple and it is perfect by itself.
This is so cozy and comforting and the pillowy cheese tortellinis are so yummy to bite into.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Make this baked tortellini dinner next time you need something fast and easy! You can substitute any veggies that you have on hand to switch it up.
- 20 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 24 oz tomato basil pasta sauce
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the minced garlic, mushrooms and zucchini and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until softened
- Mix together the tortellini, sauce, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, and a few pinches of salt
- Grease a small baking dish and add the tortellini mixture
- Top with the shredded mozzarella and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and is bubbly
- Optional: remove the foil and broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese on top. Watch CLOSELY to avoid burning
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 1079mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g