The best chewy chocolate chip cookies made with applesauce. These cookies stay super soft and fluffy even once cooled!
Chocolate chip cookies are a staple in any household.
There’s just nothing like the smell of freshly baked cookies filling the house!
If you are a fan of super soft chocolate chip cookies, this applesauce chocolate chip cookie recipe is for you.
Chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any occasion!
I’m calling these cookies the best chewy chocolate chip cookies.
They are super soft, almost cake like, dense, chewy, and stay soft even once cooled.
So very soft and never get hard.
Applesauce is the secret!
Heaven in a bite I tell you.
How to make chewy chocolate chip cookies with applesauce
These cookies barely take 10 minutes to throw together and couldn’t be any easier.
First, combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and whisk until combined.
In another bowl, beat the brown sugar, white sugar, applesauce, softened butter, and vanilla extract.
The applesauce is key here for the fluffiness in the cookies!
Add eggs and beat well.
Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
Stir or mix in chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake 10-13 minutes and enjoy!
I also tried freezing this dough raw and making individual cookies whenever I wanted one.
These are great to have on hand in the freezer for a quick treat!
I love freezing extra cookie dough whenever I make chocolate chip cookies.
Trust me, your future self will thank you!
My husband loves soft, chewy cookies. Chocolate chip especially. This recipe fits the need perfectly – Cheryl
more Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Hungry for more cookies?
Here are our favorite variations of the chocolate chip cookie!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cadbury Mini Egg Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 3 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (no sugar added) applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and whisk until combined
- In another bowl, beat brown sugar, white sugar, applesauce, softened butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and beat well
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined
- Stir or mix in chocolate chips
- Drop cookie batter by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees 10-13 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Sharing is caring!