The best chewy chocolate chip cookies made with applesauce.
These cookies stay super soft and fluffy even once cooled!
A delicious dessert recipe.
Chocolate chip cookies are a staple in any household.
There’s just nothing like the smell of freshly baked cookies filling the house!
If you are a fan of super soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is for you.
Christmas is coming, and classic recipes like this one are always a favorite with everyone!
I have several chocolate chip cookie recipes that I rotate making, and these are one of them.
I’m calling these cookies the best chewy chocolate chip cookies.
They are super soft, almost cake like, dense, chewy, and stay soft even once cooled.
So very soft and never get hard.
Heaven in a bite I tell you.
How to make chewy chocolate chip cookies with applesauce
These cookies barely take 10 minutes to throw together and couldn’t be any easier.
First, combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and whisk until combined.
In another bowl, beat both sugars, applesauce, softened butter, and vanilla extract.
The applesauce is key here for the fluffiness in the cookies!
Add eggs and beat well.
Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
Stir or mix in chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake 10-13 minutes and enjoy!
I mostly use whole wheat flour for recipes on my blog, but for these cookies I’m breaking out the all purpose white flour to keep them classic and delicious.
These cookies are not conventionally “healthy”, but I made them using real ingredients.
I use organic flour, sugar, unsweetened applesauce, and butter to make these cookies.
I also tried freezing this dough raw and making individual cookies whenever I wanted one.
These are great to have on hand in the freezer for a quick treat!
I love freezing extra cookie dough whenever I make chocolate chip cookies.
Trust me, your future self will thank you!
Did you make this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag us on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe photos!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Hungry for more cookies?
Here are our favorite variations of the chocolate chip cookie!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies (current favorite!)
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Be sure to follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes!
Click HERE to pin this recipe for later!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best chewy chocolate chip cookies made with applesauce
- 3 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (no sugar added) applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl and whisk until combined
- In another bowl, beat both sugars, applesauce, softened butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs and beat well
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well combined
- Stir or mix in chocolate chips
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until insides are cooked through