These vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with sea salt are the best fall cookie recipe! Chewy, rich, thick dairy free chocolate chip cookies made with real pumpkin.
These vegan pumpkin cookies are the best fall dessert!
If you are looking for the best vegan pumpkin dessert, look no further. These thick and chewy vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are melt in your mouth delicious!
These cookies are insanely buttery chewy soft and perfectly pumpkin-y. No one would guess they are vegan!
Ingredients to make vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- whole wheat pastry flour: or all purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- brown sugar & white sugar
- pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin): not pumpkin pie filling
- vegan butter
- coconut oil
- dairy free chocolate chips: semi sweet or dark chocolate
How to make vegan pumpkin cookies
Step 1: add your flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Step 2: In a separate large bowl, cream together the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, melted vegan butter, and melted coconut oil.
Step 3: Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and beat to combine.
Step 4: Fold in a bag of your favorite semisweet vegan chocolate chips (I like enjoy life brand).
Step 5: Drop the cookie dough by spoonfuls or roll them into balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
Step 6: Bake the vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies at 350 degrees for 10 – 13 minutes and remove once browned on the edges.
Step 7: Top the hot cookies immediately with sea salt flakes and place on a cooling rack. Please don’t skip this step. The flaky sea salt is the perfect way to take these vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookies over the top!
If you have never tried sea salt flakes on a dessert, you will be shocked at how much it enhances the flavor!
There is a reason why salt is necessary in dessert, and that extra hit of chunky sea salt is a flavor explosion for your tastebuds.
I love these cookies because they pack such a huge flavor in every single bite.
The perfect soft and chewy pumpkin treat that isn’t difficult to make and so delicious that everyone will love it.
More Pumpkin Recipes we love
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Cream Pie
- Mini Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Protein Balls
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
How to store
- at room temperature: store in airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days
- in the refrigerator: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days
- in the freezer: freeze the vegan cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to an airtight container or bag. Store frozen cookies for up to 2 months.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ⅛ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 10 oz dairy free chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl until combined
- Measure the coconut oil and vegan butter while solid, then melt in the microwave until liquified.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin, melted vegan butter, and melted coconut oil until combined
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, beat to combine
- Fold in the dairy free chocolate chips
- Use a mini cookie scoop to pack the batter into, then drop scoops onto a baking sheet
- Bake the vegan pumpkin cookies at 350 degrees for 10 - 14 minutes
- Once the cookies are done, remove from oven and top immediately with sea salt flakes.
- Place cookies onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely
The previous version of this recipe used ½ cup vegan butter ½ cup coconut oil and ⅓ cup canned pumpkin. Several readers noted the cookies were too flat so I retested the recipe with the above ingredients. Both versions are equally delicious, just different thickness 🙂
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 4g