Chewy and rich, these vegan chocolate chip cookies do not disappoint!
These are hands down the best vegan chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted.
One bite and you’ll never go back!
Let me introduce you to my new cookie obsession: these vegan chocolate chip cookies.
At the time of writing this post, I believe I have seven different chocolate chips cookie variations on my blog.
I realized the other day that I had not yet posted a vegan one yet, and so the idea of these vegan chocolate chip cookies was born!
How to make vegan chocolate chip cookies
Traditional chocolate chip cookies use eggs, so to replace that I used a combination of baking powder and unsweetened applesauce, which ended up being perfect.
You don’t need any eggs or milk for these chocolate chip cookies and they are so rich and full of flavor that you wouldn’t guess they are vegan!
I’m normally a goody two shoes that never eats the raw cookie dough.
Not judging anyone who does, but I’ve always been extra cautious to wash my hands every time I cook with eggs.
When I remembered that the batter would be vegan, I took a bit to taste and OH MY WORD.
So this is what I’ve been missing all of these years!
I now understand the obsession with eating raw cookie dough. It was ridiculously good I had a hard time forcing myself to just bake it into cookies!
I used an ice cream scoop to drop the batter onto a baking sheet. I had a nonstick sheet, so I did not grease it first.
If you are worried about sticking, a quick spray of olive oil would do the trick.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious these were!
I gave one to my husband without telling him what they were, and he thought that I had made a batch of my classic chocolate chip cookies.
I wouldn’t call these healthy, but they are totally worth every bite.
I used some healthier ingredients like whole wheat pastry flour, unsweetened applesauce (to replace the eggs), and coconut oil.
Vegan butter and coconut oil make these cookies stay soft even once cooled.
My favorite cookie texture is chewy. Warm or cold, these are amazing!
Those crispy edges are to die for.
Try making these vegan chocolate chip cookies and let me know what you think!
More vegan dessert recipes:
Hungry for more amazing vegan desserts? Here are some of our favorites!
- Almond Butter Cups
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Best Vegan Apple Crisp
- Healthy Double Chocolate Milkshake
- Healthy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Vegan Blueberry Peach Crisp
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe pictures!
Pin this recipe for later:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 0z dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until combined. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, vegan butter, and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and beat to combine
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 14 minutes, until browned
No eggs, no problem! Sneak a bite of cookie dough and you won't regret it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 203 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 197mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Protein: 4g
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!