Chewy and rich, these vegan chocolate chip cookies do not disappoint!
At the time of writing this post, I believe I have seven different chocolate chips cookie variations on my blog.
I realized the other day that I had not yet posted a vegan one yet, and so the idea of these vegan chocolate chip cookies was born!
How to make vegan chocolate chip cookies
Traditional chocolate chip cookies use eggs, so to replace that I used a combination of baking powder and unsweetened applesauce, which ended up being perfect.
You don’t need any eggs or milk for these chocolate chip cookies and they are so rich and full of flavor that you wouldn’t guess they are vegan!
I’m normally a goody two shoes that never eats the raw cookie dough. Not judging anyone who does, but I’ve always been extra cautious to wash my hands every time I cook with eggs.
When I remembered that the batter would be vegan, I took a bit to taste and OH MY WORD. So this is what I’ve been missing all of these years!
I now understand the obsession with eating raw cookie dough. It was ridiculously good I had a hard time forcing myself to just bake it into cookies!
I used an ice cream scoop to drop the batter onto a baking sheet. I had a nonstick sheet, so I did not grease it first.
If you are worried about sticking, a quick spray of olive oil would do the trick.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious these were! I gave one to Robbie without telling him what they were, and he thought that I had made a batch of my classic chocolate chip cookies.
I wouldn’t call these healthy, but they are totally worth every bite.
I used some healthier ingredients like whole wheat pastry flour, unsweetened applesauce (to replace the eggs), and coconut oil.
Vegan butter and coconut oil make these cookies stay soft even once cooled.
My favorite cookie texture is chewy. Warm or cold, these are amazing!
Try making these vegan chocolate chip cookies and let me know what you think!
More vegan dessert recipes:
- Almond Butter Cups
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Best Vegan Apple Crisp
- Healthy Double Chocolate Milkshake
- Healthy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Vegan Blueberry Peach Crisp
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe pictures!
Pin this recipe for later:
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy and rich, these vegan chocolate chip cookies will not disappoint!
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 10 0z dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until combined. Set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, vegan butter, and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and beat to combine
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 14 minutes, until browned
No eggs, no problem! Sneak a bite of cookie dough and you won't regret it!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through the link, I will get a small commission, at no additional cost to you.