Simple zucchini muffins to satisfy all your summer taste buds! This recipe is a great way to use up extra zucchini. These delicious little muffins are easy to make and low in calories.
Zucchini is one of the most abundant summer vegetables and it is so versatile!
These simple zucchini muffins are a basic and delicious recipe that is easy to whip up in just a few minutes!
This recipe uses simple ingredients, and utilizes applesauce to make these muffins even better for you!
Each muffin has just 127 calories and 3 g of protein, making it a wholesome snack or breakfast!
How to make zucchini muffins
You will need around 1 or 2 medium sized zucchini for this recipe.
Start by grating your zucchini.
Should I peel zucchini for muffins?
There is no need to peel zucchini, just give it a good wash and you are good to go!
The zucchini will just melt into the muffins.
Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl: zucchini, sugar, applesauce, vanilla extract, and eggs.
In another bowl, whisk your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
What kind of muffin liners should I use?
I always suggest using parchment paper liners, if you have them.
The muffins never stick at all to them!
If you don’t have those, just spray regular muffin liners with cooking spray before adding the batter.
Bake the zucchini muffins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Do zucchini muffins need to be refrigerated?
If you do not eat them within 3 days, it’s best to refrigerate the muffins.
My favorite way to eat these is warm with a bit of butter smeared on top.
If you love zucchini, be sure to check out this recipe for zucchini chocolate chip muffins too!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Simple Zucchini Muffins
Easy and delicious simple zucchini muffin recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups grated unpeeled zucchini
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla, zucchini, eggs, sugar, and applesauce
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until just combined
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners. Use parchment paper muffin liners, or spray regular liners with cooking spray
- Distribute the batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 - 27 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Serve warm with butter
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g