The best black bean burger recipe – everything you need to know about how to make black bean burgers taste delicious!
This black bean burger recipe is an answer to all of your bland veggie burger problems.
If you’ve ever had a less than delicious veggie burger, you know how difficult it can be to find recipes that are not only meatless, but also delicious.
Today I’m sharing my favorite way to make flavorful, non mushy black bean burgers.
What are the ingredients in a black bean burger
- black beans
- panko style bread crumbs
- oat flour
- powdered parmesan
These veggie burgers are really simple to throw together and don’t take long at all to cook.
How to make black bean burgers
First, add your black beans, garlic cloves, and onion to a food processor.
Process until the garlic and onion are combined, and the mixture looks like refried beans.
Once your beans are ready, transfer them to a large bowl.
A rubber spatula is easiest to use when removing the beans from the food processor.
To the bowl, add your remaining ingredients:
1 egg, panko style bread crumbs (these are chunkier than normal bread crumbs, so be sure to buy panko), oat flour, powdered parmesan, and spices.
Mix it all up and it’s time to form them into patties!
When I made this recipe, I made 5 black bean burgers, but they were so big and filling that I think it would be better to split the recipe into 6 burgers instead.
Heat a skillet with olive oil, and place your burgers in it.
Cook on each side for 5 – 8 minutes, until browned and crispy on both sides.
Use a spatula to flatten the burgers into the pan for optimal crisp.
Once your burgers are done, it’s time to eat!
These burgers are the perfect texture, and don’t fall apart, which is a big problem with a lot of veggie burgers.
These are seriously the best black bean burgers I have ever had!
Toppings for a black bean burger
Or add whatever you want!
I used regular mayo on mine, but chipotle mayo would be delicious as well.
What to serve with your black bean burgers
Here are a few ideas of sides that would pair well with a black bean burger!
- baked macaroni and cheese
- brussel sprout chips
- baked garlic parmesan potato wedges
- easy roasted mushrooms
- oven roasted frozen broccoli
- roasted sweet potato fries
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Black Bean Burger Recipe
- 2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup powdered parmesan
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Drain and rinse the black beans, shaking off any extra water
- Add black beans, onion, and garlic cloves to a food processor
- Process until onions and garlic are combined. The mixture should resemble refried beans
- Transfer bean mixture to a large bowl. Add egg, bread crumbs, oat flour, parmesan, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, and chili powder.
- Mix well to combine
- Form batter into 6 burgers
- Coat a skillet with olive oil, and heat to medium heat
- Cook burgers for 5 - 8 minutes per side, until browned on both sides
- Serve with toppings of choice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 383mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 2g Protein: 11g