Learn how to make the best baked brussel sprout chips coated in crispy parmesan cheese. You will love eating roasted brussel sprouts after trying this recipe!
Brussel sprouts – it used to be a “you love them or you don’t” type of vegetable.
Well no more my friends.
I am telling you right now that these brussel sprouts chips are guaranteed to make anyone who tries them fall in love.
They are crispy, cheesy, and salty.
So delicious that I would put them on a guilty pleasure food list.
Yep, you read that right.
Are you ready to love brussel sprouts?
I’m pretty convinced that if you try this recipe, you won’t make another roasted brussel sprout recipe again!
how to make roasted brussel sprouts taste good
So how are we going to make these notoriously controversial vegetables taste good?
The short answer:
- coating them in olive oil
- spicing them just right
- tossing with parmesan cheese
- roasting at a high temperature for perfect texture
How to make brussel sprout chips
After you have cut the ends off your sprouts and removed any outer leaves, it’s time to slice them up.
You want them fairly small (this helps them get more crispy), so aim for 3 – 4 slices per brussel.
They should look like this.
These are called brussel sprout chips after all, so we are going for the thin cut for this recipe.
Those thin little slices will be key to getting the crispy edges without a lot of mushy brussel sprouts.
Next, sprinkle on your salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and parmesan.
Drizzle olive oil over the top and toss it all up to coat.
The parmesan adds tons of flavor, as well as a crispy cheese crust to the brussel sprout chips.
Roast your brussels sprouts chips at 425 degrees for optimal crispiness.
I baked mine for 10 minutes, flipped them over, and baked an additional 10 minutes.
Depending on your oven you may cook them shorter or longer to your desired level of crispiness.
You want them pretty crisp without being burnt.
I probably ate ten of these before I could force myself to take pictures.
Honestly, I could have eaten the entire pan by myself, and if I didn’t have to share I definitely would have done it!
I am planning to make these a regular lunch rotation or dinner side.
If you have never loved brussel sprouts before, this recipe will definitely change your mind!
More vegetable side dishes
Here are some more easy side dish recipes to get your daily veggies in!
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Easy Roasted Mushrooms
- Oven Roasted Frozen Broccoli
- Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
- Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
- Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see!
Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Brussel Sprout Chips Recipe
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup powdered parmesan cheese
- Cut ends off of brussel sprouts and remove a few outer leaves to discard
- Thinly slice the cleaned brussel sprouts (see photos in post for comparison)
- Toss the sliced brussel sprouts with the remaining ingredients and spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet
- Roast at 425 degrees for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and flip the brussel sprouts
- Roast an additional 10 minutes, or until crispy
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 702mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g