This creamy, smoky, homemade chipotle ranch dressing is perfect for serving over your salads or using as a dip for raw vegetables.
Chipotle Ranch is my favorite salad dressing!
Chipotle ranch dressing has been my favorite salad dressing for as long as I can remember. I love the spicy kick of the adobo peppers, and the creaminess of the dressing drizzled over fresh crisp salads.
One of my favorite salad bars has a delicious chipotle ranch that I have to get every time we eat there. I have yet to find the perfect store bought chipotle ranch so I decided I needed to make my own!
This homemade creamy southwest salad dressing comes together in 5 minutes and is so delicious.
What is Chipotle Ranch Dressing made of?
- sour cream: adds tanginess to the dressing
- mayonnaise: this gives the salad dressing a great creaminess
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce: the star of the southwest flavor. Full of smoky spicy flavor
- lime juice: to really make all the flavors pop
- spices: garlic powder, onion powder, dill, salt
Chipotle Ranch Dressing Recipe variations & substitutions
- Sour cream: try substituting for plain unsweetened Greek yogurt
- Adjust the spiciness: Add the chipotle peppers one at a time to the dressing until you reach your desired level of spiciness
- Make it vegan: substitute vegan mayonnaise and sour cream or vegan Greek yogurt
How to make Chipotle Ranch
Step 1: Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, lime juice, and spices to a high speed blender or food processor.
Step 2: Blend the salad dressing ingredients on high speed until creamy and smooth. Serve the dressing immediately drizzled over salad.
Chipotle Dressing storage
- in the refrigerator: store any leftover dressing in an airtight container or jar and store in the fridge for up to one week.
- serving the next day: If the dressing is too thick cold you can stir in a small amount of water to thin it out when you serve it again.
This salad dressing is so creamy, tangy, and has just the right amount of spiciness. If you prefer less heat, you can use two chipotle peppers instead of three for a milder dressing.
How to serve this Chipotle Ranch Recipe
- on a salad: my favorite way to eat this chipotle ranch is over a big hearty southwest salad with avocado, corn, cherry tomatoes, red onion, tortilla strips, and romaine lettuce.
- as a pasta salad dressing: this southwest pasta salad is delicious!
- As a sauce: drizzled over tacos, wraps, or on top of black bean burgers
Chipotle Salad Dressing Recipe FAQs
Chipotle salad dressing is a smoky, tangy, and slightly spicy salad dressing with the creamy taste of ranch dressing.
Yes, Chipotle ranch dressing is made with a base of mayonnaise and full fat sour cream, making it a great keto friendly salad dressing.
One serving (2 tablespoons) of chipotle ranch dressing contains 2g of net carbs.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Recipes You’ll Love
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 8 oz sour cream
- ¾ cup mayo
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth
- Pour the chipotle salad dressing over salad and enjoy
- Store leftover chipotle ranch in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for one week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g