This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie with yogurt is a sweet and wholesome treat!
Frozen bananas blend together with creamy peanut butter, cocoa powder, greek yogurt, and mini chocolate chips for the perfect flavor.
Smoothies are one of my go to foods for just about any time of day.
Lately I have found myself drinking one almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day.
Once you figure out the science of a delicious smoothie, it changes everything!
This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie was my lunch today and it was absolute heaven.
Creamy, luscious chocolate flavor and full of protein that kept me satisfied for hours.
Ingredients to make a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie
Creamy all natural peanut butter (the only ingredients should be peanuts + salt)
Plain Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
Mini Chocolate Chips
Simple, staple ingredients that I always have on hand in my house!
Chocolate and peanut butter together are so classically delicious.
tips for thick smoothies
I prefer smoothies to be very thick as it really feels more decadent to me, and usually they come close to ice cream texture.
For a thinner smoothie that is still creamy, you can omit the ice, as it is used purely to thicken.
Either way the flavor is going to be incredible!
This would make a great breakfast if you are craving something sweet, a mid day pick me up, or a lighter dessert.
Chocolate smoothies, I love you 💗
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 cups frozen banana chunks
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 2 tablespoons plain unsweetened greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- I use unsweetened peanut butter for this recipe and the only ingredients should be peanuts + salt. If your peanut butter has sweetener in it, you may want to omit the honey
- I prefer my smoothies to be super thick consistency, so I added ice to make it extra thick. For a thinner drink, you can leave out the ice.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 365 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 163mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 23g Protein: 11g