Classic chocolate chunk cookies for every sweet tooth.
This post was originally published last year, I updated the pictures to share with you again today!
Back before I became a food blogger (and obsessed with food), I was one of those people that thought that there was a single magical cookie recipe and that I needed to find it and only make that one recipe.
Fast forward to now, and I have now 6 chocolate chip cookie variation recipes on my blog, not including this one.
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have realized that there is a chocolate chip cookie for every mood and that life is too short to limit yourself to only one!
I first made these cookies on a whim while visiting my in laws in Florida for Christmas.
I had been baking for a few days and decided that I wanted to make cookies.
However, I just wasn’t in the mood for just any cookie and wanted to try something new.
I tested out these classic chocolate chunk cookies and fell in love!
They are perfectly chewy, not cakey, and taste like a bite of heaven.
Everyone loved them!
I had a hard time naming these cookies (because…well I do have 4 other recipes that I also love), but I decided that they are as close to classic (while still using some healthier ingredients) as you can get.
Crispy on the inside + chewy on the inside = cookie perfection.
These are always a hit when I make them, which has been countless times over the last year.
This is comfort food in a cookie.
Perfect to bake for your family or give as a gift to friends going through a rough time.
Click below to pin these classic chocolate chunk cookies:
Classic Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Classic chocolate chunk cookies perfect for any occasion
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, vegan butter, vanilla extract, and olive oil
- Add eggs and beat well
- In a separate bowl, add whole wheat pastry flour, salt, and baking soda and whisk until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until combined
- Fold in chocolate chunks with a rubber spatula
- Drop batter by spoonfuls and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes
For fluffier cookies, roll into balls
For flatter cookies, flatten out batter slightly once on the cookie sheet
Love chocolate chip cookies? Here are some more of my favorites: