Even though it’s only mid September, fall has been in the air here in Virginia for weeks now.
With all of these chilly nights I have been cravings warm and cozy dinners.
This Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup is a great easy dinner.
Everything cooks in just one dish (even the noodles), and comes together in just 30 minutes.
I love love love lasagna, but it can definitely be more time consuming to make.
This lasagna soup has all of the flavors that you love about lasagna with a lot less time and prep work.
I used a food processor to chop up the mushrooms, onion, and garlic until minced.
The mixture looks like meat once we add it to the lasagna soup and really gave it that “meaty” hearty flavor.
Once you cook the mushroom/onion/garlic mixture, you will add the pasta sauce, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and a few spices and bring it all to a boil.
Once boiling, add in some broken up lasagna noodles and cook until al dente.
We topped ours with dollops of ricotta, grated mozzarella, and fresh chopped parsley.
I like my lasagna soup nice and thick and “meaty”, but if you want a thinner soup you can simply add more vegetable broth until it reaches the desired consistency.
Serve in big bowls and garnish with ricotta, mozzarella, and parsley.
Once you stir the ricotta it will look like a beautiful rosy cream sauce.
So creamy, cheesy and filling.
We had this leftover the next day and it thickens up even more overnight but I loved it.
If you love lasagna, you will love this soup!
Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup
This easy one pot lasagna soup recipe is a delicious vegetarian dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 14 oz diced tomatoes, with juices
- 25 oz pasta sauce (I used mushroom flavor)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into 1-2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, plus more for serving
- ricotta cheese, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic cloves to a food processor. Process until minced texture (very small pieces)
- Heat a dutch oven or other large pot over medium high heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil
- Add mushroom mixture and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until liquid evaporates mostly
- Add in pasta sauce, tomatoes (do not drain), vegetable broth, basil, oregano, and tomato paste
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Once boiling, add broken up lasagna pieces and cook for 9-13 minutes, or until noodles are al dente
- Once noodles have finished cooking, add in 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese and stir to combine
- Add salt to taste, if necessary (I didn't add any)
- Serve soup garnished with additional mozzarella, ricotta cheese dollops, and fresh chopped parsley