Craving lasagna but don’t want to take hours to make dinner? Lasagna soup to the rescue!
This easy lasagna soup is ready in just 30 minutes and tastes like your favorite lasagna. Perfect for busy nights!
How to make lasagna soup
Everything cooks in just one dish (even the noodles), and comes together in just 30 minutes.
First, start by adding your mushrooms, garlic, and onion to a food processor.
Process the veggies until they are fine minced texture as seen in the next picture.
These veggies will give the sauce a “meaty” thickness similar to how I make my incredible vegetable bolognese sauce.
Mushrooms are great for adding a meatiness to vegetarian dinners!
Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a dutch oven or large pot.
Add your veggies and cook for around 10 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates.
Once you cook the mushroom/onion/garlic mixture, you will add the pasta sauce, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and a few spices and bring it all to a boil.
Once boiling, add in your broken up lasagna noodles and cook until al dente. This should take around 10 – 12 minutes.
I like my lasagna soup nice and thick and “meaty”, so this sauce is super thick. If you want more noodles to sauce ratio, you can also add in more lasagna noodles to your liking.
You really can’t go wrong with this dish!
Toppings to serve with lasagna soup
Serve in big bowls and garnish with ricotta cheese and parsley.
Once you stir the ricotta it will look like a beautiful rosy cream sauce.
So creamy, cheesy and filling.
We had this leftover the next day and it thickens up even more overnight but I loved it.
If you love lasagna, you will love this soup!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite
Hungry for more vegetarian pasta recipes?
Here are some of my favorite easy meatless pasta recipes!
- Vegetarian Bolognese Recipe
- Crock Pot Baked Ziti
- Meatless Million Dollar Baked Ziti
- Easy Meatless Spaghetti Sauce
- Veggie Lover’s Baked Rigatoni
Saving this recipe for later?
Click HERE to pin this recipe!
One Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe:
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 14 oz diced tomatoes, with juices
- 25 oz pasta sauce (I used mushroom flavor)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into 1-2" pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- ricotta cheese, for serving
- Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
- Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic cloves to a food processor. Process until minced texture
- Heat a dutch oven or other large pot over medium high heat and add two tablespoons of olive oil
- Add mushroom mixture and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until liquid evaporates mostly
- Add in pasta sauce, tomatoes (do not drain), vegetable broth, basil, oregano, and tomato paste
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Once boiling, add broken up lasagna pieces and cook for 9-13 minutes, or until noodles are al dente
- Once noodles have finished cooking, add in the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine
- Add salt to taste, if necessary (I didn't add any)
- Serve soup garnished with ricotta cheese dollops and fresh chopped parsley
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1371mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 8gSugar: 17gProtein: 19g
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!