Lightened up gluten free peanut butter cookies made using all natural peanut butter. These chewy and delicious cookies are made without any flour!
Meet the perfect gluten free peanut butter cookies: chewy, just the right sweetness, and full of perfect peanut butter flavor in every bite.
I previously referred to myself as someone who did not like peanut butter cookies, but it turns out I just never had one that was this good!
I have had no less than 6 of these cookies today and can’t stop.
While I love a good gluten free monster cookie, this recipe is just plain simple delicious peanut butter cookie goodness.
They are pure perfection and I love the chewy texture!
Many classic peanut butter cookie recipes use sugar filled peanut butter paired with just as much white sugar.
That is way too much sweetness.
These cookies are perfectly sweet and made lower in calories and sugar without compromising in flavor.
Ingredients needed to make flourless peanut butter cookies
- Creamy all natural peanut butter (the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt)
- 1 egg
- light brown sugar
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- pure maple syrup
How to make gluten free peanut butter cookies
Step 1: Add the creamy peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, baking soda, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup to a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Mix the batter with a whisk, then change to a rubber spatula when it gets thick. Mix until well combined.
Step 3: Roll the cookie dough into 16 balls and place them on a baking sheet.
Step 4: Flatten the tops of the peanut butter cookies slightly with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
Step 5: Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Store any leftover gluten free peanut butter cookies in an airtight container for 2 – 3 days, if they last that long!
Ours lasted about 4 hours and they’re almost gone!
I promise you will love these flourless peanut butter cookies!
I can already tell they will be a go to recipe in our house, and I love that I almost always have the ingredients on hand.
More Gluten Free Cookies
- Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Add the creamy peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, baking soda, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup to a large mixing bowl
- Whisk the batter until it gets too thick, then use a rubber spatula to finish mixing the batter until well combined
- Roll the cookie batter into 16 medium sized balls and place on a cookie sheet
- Flatten tops with a fork in a criss cross pattern
- Bake the gluten free cookies at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack
- Store leftover peanut butter cookies in an airtight bag or container for 2 -3 days (if they last that long!)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g