Gluten free monster cookies are a flourless take on the classic favorite cookie. These easy peanut butter oat cookies feature m&m’s and mini chocolate chips so that there is chocolate in every bite!
Monster cookies are always a hit cookie and typically made with peanut butter, m&m’s and chocolate chips.
These cookies take all those flavors, but instead create a flourless monster cookie made instead with gluten free rolled oats.
My flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are still one of my most popular cookies and my gluten free peanut butter cookies are another favorite.
I love peanut butter and oat recipes, like my gluten free cookie bars. Oats are a great way to add texture and chewiness to gluten free desserts.
Flourless Monster Cookies Ingredients
- Creamy Peanut Butter: the no stir variety
- Vanilla Extract
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats: if you are not gluten free, regular rolled oats will be fine. If you are cooking for someone with a gluten intolerance, it is best to buy specifically marked gluten free oats.
- Baking Soda
- Mini Chocolate Chips: I love using mini chocolate chips for chocolate in every bite.
- M&M’s: I used full sized, but mini ones would work too
- Salt: just a touch to accent the sweetness of the cookies
How to make Gluten Free Monster Cookies
Step 1: Mix together the eggs, creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until combined.
Step 2: Add in the gluten free rolled oats, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine.
Step 3: Fold in the mini chocolate chips and m&m’s into the monster cookie batter.
Step 4: Shape the cookies onto the baking sheet. They will not change shape or rise much. Top with more m&m’s, if desired.
Step 5: Bake the monster cookies at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes, until lightly browned on the tops.
Allow the cookies to rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Be careful not to over bake the cookies, as they will continue to cook on the pan.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Can you freeze monster cookie dough?
Yes! If you wanted to, you could easily freeze the cookie dough to have fresh baked monster cookies on hand for any time the craving strikes.
To freeze cookie dough, roll it into balls and place on wax paper inside an airtight container or ziploc bag.
You can cook frozen cookie dough from frozen, just add a few extra minutes onto cook time.
If you have never tried this, I highly recommend it! I love being able to grab cookie dough straight from my freezer and have homemade fresh baked cookies in minutes.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
These gluten free monster cookies are a family favorite and my kids go crazy for them!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup creamy no stir peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup m&m's
- Beat together the peanut butter, eggs, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the gluten free oats, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and m&m’s
- Form the batter into cookies on the pan (they won’t rise or change shape much) and top with more m&m’s on top if you want
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow the monster cookies to rest on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g