Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies made with simple ingredients. These cookies are the ultimate comfort food dessert made with no dairy or eggs!
I have created many chocolate chip cookie recipes in my day (just search the archives to see all of my favorites), but this one is a new favorite!
I set out to create a cookie that was not only gluten free, but also vegan.
This cookie is for everyone who wants to feel like they are eating regular cookies, no matter their restrictions.
Perfect texture, do not fall apart, and delicious!
How to make vegan gluten free chocolate chip cookies
First, whisk together your oat flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Just like in my Gluten Free Brownies, I’m using my favorite ultimate gluten free flour combo.
It never lets me down!
Measure out the coconut oil and vegan butter while solid, then microwave until melted.
This will take around 30 – 45 seconds.
In a large bowl, add the melted vegan butter and coconut oil, sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, and beat/cream well.
Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
Form batter into balls and place on a cookie sheet, flattening the tops slightly.
Bake your cookies at 350 degrees until browned and cracked on top, around 11 – 14 minutes depending on their size.
I made around 23 medium to large sized chocolate chip cookies.
These were heavenly and the hit the spot for my sweet tooth!
Unlike other gluten free cookies I have had, these held their shape so well, even after cooling.
They don’t harden, but instead stay nice and soft inside.
If you’re looking for the perfect gluten free vegan cookie, this is it!
More gluten free vegan desserts
- Vegan Blueberry Peach Crisp
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Vegan Gluten Free Cookies Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted**
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted**
- 9 oz vegan dark chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda
- Microwave vegan butter and coconut oil until liquid (around 30 - 45 seconds)
- In a separate large bowl, cream sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, butter, and coconut oil
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat to combine
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Form batter into balls and place on a cookie sheet, flattening the tops slightly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11 - 14 minutes, until browned on top
- Remove from oven and onto a cooking rack
Both the vegan butter and coconut oil should be measured in a solid or semi solid state, then melted. This is especially important for the coconut oil that it's measured in a semi solid state.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 208mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g