Gluten free cookie bars that are secretly healthy but taste incredibly decadent. You have to try these!
Cookie bars are one of my favorite recipes… is it a snack? a dessert? Who cares – they are delicious!
These gluten free cookie bars are incredibly moist, full of flavor, and healthy enough to eat for a snack!
While I personally don’t have a gluten intolerance, I enjoy creating recipes that my gluten-free readers can enjoy.
I’ve also noticed that gluten-free desserts tend to make me feel better and are lighter in general.
I ate these bars both cold out of the fridge for a snack, and also warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream – SO SO good. Ridiculously good.
So good that it tasted like a fancy dessert you might order at your favorite restaurant!
I feel like a lot of gluten free recipes tend to get a bad rap. I’ve definitely tasted some bland or texturally-challenged recipes.
It can be difficult to get the texture right when baking without gluten.
I’ve sort of made it my mission to make a good collection of gluten free recipes for everyone to enjoy. I even wrote a roundup of 25 gluten free dairy free desserts that are on my blog!
These bars are made with oat flour, coconut flour, and rolled oats.
Peanut butter holds it all together and adds protein too.
Surprisingly easy, and incredibly decadent. Give these a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Need any more convincing? Don’t walk but RUN to make these. Even my picky toddler that eats practically nothing laughed out loud and danced when he tasted one of these.
More gluten free desserts:
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Almond Butter Cups
- Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- Peanut Butter Cookie Mug Cake
- Magic Protein Mug Cake
or read my roundup of 25 gluten free dairy free desserts!
pin this recipe:
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Gluten Free Cookie Bars
Ultra decadent and secretly healthy, these gluten free cookie bars do not disappoint!
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 cup coconut oil, melted (measured while solid)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Beat peanut butter, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl until well combined
- Add eggs and beat well
- In a separate bowl, whisk together baking soda, salt, coconut flour, oat flour, and rolled oats
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix together.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Grease a 13 X 9 casserole dish and pour in batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!