These gluten free pumpkin cookies with maple cream cheese frosting are melt in your mouth delicious. Each cookie tastes like a mini pumpkin pie!
These cookies taste like pumpkin pie!
These gluten free pumpkin cookies are so fun to make and taste like mini little pumpkin pies.
The cookie itself is made from a simple coconut flour base with real pumpkin and pure maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
Pair it with homemade cream cheese frosting swirled thick on top for the perfect layered fall dessert.
Ingredients to make gluten free pumpkin cookies
- canned pumpkin: not pumpkin pie filling
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- coconut flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- plain nonfat greek yogurt
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
How to make gluten free pumpkin pie cookies
Step 1: Add the coconut flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs to a separate mixing bowl and mix well. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until combined.
Step 2: Form the pumpkin cookies and place them on a nonstick baking sheet (they will not rise, so the shape that you form will stay that way for the most part)
Step 3: Bake the pumpkin cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are cooked. The cookie will stay soft. Gently transfer cookies to a cooling rack using a spatula (they will be delicate while hot).
These pumpkin cookies are not your normal cookies. They are a bit softer than most, and very delicate. Once cooled, these cookies taste very similar to pumpkin pie texture.
Making the cream cheese frosting
While the cookies cool, it is time to make the cream cheese greek yogurt frosting.
Step 4: Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Next, add the greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
Step 5: Once cookies have cooled, add a generous dollop of frosting to the top, using a spoon to swirl it around. Chill the cookies in the fridge at least one hour.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
These cookies should be served chilled for best taste (just like pumpkin pie). Try these this fall for a delicious gluten free pumpkin dessert!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
For the gluten free pumpkin cookies
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Add the coconut flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. set aside
- Add the pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and eggs to a separate mixing bowl
- Whisk well to combine
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, whisking until thoroughly mixed
- Form the cookies and place them on a baking sheet (they will not rise, so the shape that you form will stay that way for the most part)
- Bake the pumpkin cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly brownied. The cookie will stay soft.
- Gently transfer cookies to a cooling rack using a spatula (they will be delicate while hot)
- While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until combined (be sure to do this step first and not mix all of the ingredients at once)
- Add the greek yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla extract
- Use an electric mixer to beat until silky smooth
- Once the cookies have cooled, add a generous dollop of frosting to the top, using a spoon to swirl the tops
- Chill the pumpkin cookies in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving
When making the frosting, be sure to just beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together first before adding the other ingredients. The frosting will not combine properly if you attempt to mix it all at once
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g