Healthy banana bread pancakes made with whole wheat flour and greek yogurt.
We’re throwing it wayyy back today.
I first made these healthy banana bread pancakes way back in 2015.
The pictures were very outdated, so I am revamping this recipe to share again today!
These banana bread pancakes are my go to pancakes.
I’m not someone who often makes pancakes, simply because I prefer easy recipes.
Luckily, these babies are super simple to throw together, healthy, and filling too. Pancake lovers rejoice!
Ingredients to make banana bread pancakes
- whole wheat flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
- brown sugar
- plain 0% greek yogurt
- unsweetened original almond milk
- mashed ripe bananas
- teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter
How to make banana bread pancakes
- First, combine your dry ingredients and set aside
- Microwave peanut butter until runny
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mashed banana, brown sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and melted peanut butter, until combined
- Make a well in the center of the bowl of dry ingredients
- Pour in wet ingredients and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined (be careful not to over mix)
- Cook pancakes on a griddle or large skillet, melting butter on the surface before each use.
- Serve with butter and pure maple syrup
I know I’m not the only one who can’t make perfect pancake circles, but these are still so delicious even if they aren’t the prettiest.
Every fluffy bite tastes like banana bread to me.
If you love banana bread, you’ll be all over these.
Top with butter and pure maple syrup for lightened up pure comfort food.
The whole wheat flour makes these a lot more filling and I was full for hours after eating around 2 – 3 of these.
So good. So easy. You can’t go wrong!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More breakfast recipes I love:
- Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- Greek Yogurt Lemon Loaf
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
Pin these healthy banana bread pancakes:
Try these for a healthy and filling breakfast!
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 163 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 382mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Protein: 5g
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!