The best breakfast burritos ever. This classic recipe will be a staple in your kitchen. Perfect for meal prepping! You will love the flavors of fluffy scrambled eggs, slow roasted crispy hash, and fresh grated cheddar cheese.
This is the best breakfast burrito recipe for anyone who loves eggs.
I have made these breakfast burritos too many times to count, and they disappear so fast in our house!
It’s a toss up in our house which we love more, these or my vegan breakfast burritos.
Both use the same insanely good crispy potato hash, which is where so much of the flavor is!
If you are looking for delicious breakfast recipes, you have to try this hash brown egg casserole.
The flavor of slow roasted sweet and russet potatoes mixed with caramelized garlic and onion just cannot be matched.
It is my absolute favorite breakfast potato recipe.
These burritos have just 3 steps:
- fluffy scrambled eggs
- freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- crispy potato hash.
The prep time takes a bit, but the end result is worth it!
Both are essentially the same recipe.
If you have an air fryer, I highly recommend trying potatoes in there.
It is typically faster than roasting potatoes in the oven.
Here is what the air fryer hash looks like.
The hash is where so much of that amazing flavor comes from.
Flavors like garlic, onion, and thyme make these potatoes bursting with flavor.
And whatever you do, be sure to grate your cheddar cheese fresh.
There is such a difference and it tastes so much better this way!
How do I freeze breakfast burritos?
To freeze these burritos, wrap each burrito in aluminum foil, then place in a freezer safe ziploc bag.
I have found that a gallon sized bag will usually hold 4 breakfast burritos.
How do I reheat frozen breakfast burritos?
To reheat your burritos, remove from foil and microwave on a plate for one minute.
Cut in half and microwave an additional 1 – 2 minutes, until heated throughout.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Make breakfast hash according to instructions. You can either make the oven hash or the air fryer hash, both will work.
- When hash is close to being done, make your scrambled eggs
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together with milk
- Once butter is melted, add eggs to skillet and scramble until done, about 7 - 10 minutes
- Salt and pepper eggs to taste
- Once hash and eggs are done, assemble burritos
- Start with eggs, top with 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar per burrito, and top with hash
- To freeze the burritos, wrap each one in aluminum foil, then place in a freezer safe ziploc bag. I have found that each gallon sized bag will usually hold 4 burritos.
- To reheat: remove burrito from foil and place on a plate. Microwave one minute. Cut in half, then heat an additional 1 - 2 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 293mgSodium: 714mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g