Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh sharp cheddar cheese, and slow roasted potato hash make this vegetarian breakfast burrito full of irresistible flavor!
Last month I shared with you my favorite vegan breakfast burrito recipe, and this month I’m sharing my favorite vegetarian breakfast burrito!
This recipe is for all you guys who love eating eggs and melty cheese for breakfast!
The flavor of slow roasted sweet and russet potatoes mixed with caramelized garlic and onion just cannot be matched.
I have several ideas for more breakfast burritos to try, and all of them involve using this hash.
Once you taste it for the first time you will know why I love it so much!
These burritos have just 3 parts: fluffy scrambled eggs, freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese, and slow roasted potato hash.
The prep time takes a bit, but the result is 8 breakfasts for your busy mornings.
Worth every minute in my opinion!
We’re keeping it super simple with the scrambled eggs. Just salt + pepper + a little butter to cook them in.
You’ll make the eggs once the hash has almost finished cooking.
Here’s what the hash will look like (you can see the full recipe here).
Roasting potatoes brings out an insane depth of flavor and I have to stop myself from eating these straight from the pan!
Once your hash is finished, your eggs are scrambled, and your cheese is grated, it is time to assemble!
Please promise me you’ll grate your cheese yourself. It tastes sooo much better and fresher and only takes a few minutes.
I’m a big fan of block cheese!
I expected to dip these in salsa, but I ended up eating them without any sauce.
The flavor is just so good that it didn’t even need anything!
This makes 8 generous sized burritos, and they’re easily freezable.
I love to make a batch of breakfast burritos and eat off them for the week.
They keep so well in the freezer and heat up to taste even better if that’s even possible.
These are definitely a breakfast game changer!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Breakfast Recipes I love:
- Vegan Breakfast Burritos
- Simple Vegan Breakfast Hash
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Lemon Loaf
Click below to pin this vegetarian breakfast burrito:
Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito Recipe:
- 1 batch simple vegan breakfast hash
- 10 eggs
- 1/8 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Make breakfast hash according to instructions
- When hash is close to being done, make your scrambled eggs
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together with milk
- Once butter is melted, add eggs to skillet and scramble until done, about 7 - 10 minutes
- Salt and pepper eggs to taste
- Once hash and eggs are done, assemble burritos
- Start with eggs, top with 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar per burrito, and top with hash
- Serve fresh or roll in foil and place in gallon ziploc bags to freeze
- Serve as is, or with salsa
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 464 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 293mg Sodium: 714mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Protein: 26g