You guys know how much I love indulging in healthier desserts.
It’s very rare that I have something other than a healthier dessert, because they taste so delicious I don’t feel like I am missing anything!
I made this healthy double chocolate milkshake recipe for dessert last night and just had to share with you guys!
While I originally intended this to be one large milkshake, it is SO thick and SO creamy and indulgent that my husband and I ended up splitting one and were both so full afterwards.
When I took the blender lid off, I almost decided to make this be an ice cream recipe because it is just that thick.
I had to literally spoon it into a glass, talk about creamy!
What if I told you guys that there was a whole serving of vegetables in just one shake (two if you drink the whole recipe by yourself)?
Yes guys, it’s true.
The secret to that heavenly thick creaminess is sweet potato!
Yes you read that right, this healthy double chocolate milkshake has sweet potatoes in it.
Ingredients to make a healthy chocolate milkshake
- steamed and frozen sweet potato cubes
- cacao powder
- chocolate chips
- pure maple syrup
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Now before you run away, just hear me out.
One taste and you’ll wonder how you lived so long without sweet potatoes in your smoothies.
I was unsure at first as I could taste a hint of sweet potato, but my husband instantly declared it so delicious that he would have it for dessert every night.
Talk about a win!
He tasted nothing but chocolate, and I tasted ultra creamy chocolate with a hint of sweet potato.
Either way, I couldn’t put the spoon down!
I was so satisfied after this dessert, thanks to it being packed full of all those veggies!
It was so rich and indulgent tasting that I had to remind my self that it was healthy.
Guys, you’ve got to give this one a try, it would be a great way to sneak some veggies into your kids’ diets too!
More recipes you might like:
pin this recipe:
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Healthy Chocolate Shake Recipe:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 2 cups) - steamed and frozen
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- For the sweet potatoes, I prepped the day before. Simple peel and dice one large sweet potato and steam until fork tender
- Once cooled, transfer to a ziploc bag and freeze (overnight preferably)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until well combined
- garnish with additional chocolate chips, if desired
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 27mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 28g Protein: 4g