This instant iced coffee recipe is a game changer! If you love to drink iced coffee, this will change your life! Learn how to make iced coffee in less than a minute!
This is the best easy iced coffee recipe!
- no hot water required: that’s right, you don’t need hot water to make instant coffee dissolve. This easy iced coffee recipe uses cold water
- affordable: much cheaper than a trip to Starbucks or a bottle of cold brew, this recipe uses instant coffee granules.
- easy to customize: the flavor possibilities are endless!
Iced coffee ingredients
- instant coffee: any brand
- cold water: this will dissolve the instant coffee without the use of hot water
Make instant coffee without hot water
You know how you’ve always been told that instant coffee had to be made hot?
Well that is not true, it also makes iced coffee! Just mix cold water with instant coffee grounds, add some creamer, and stir. It can take a minute or two for the coffee to dissolve, but it does.
How to make iced coffee from instant coffee
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of instant coffee and ⅔ cup cold water to a glass. Stir constantly for 1-2 minutes, until the instant coffee granules dissolve completely
- Add ice
- Stir in creamer to taste
I am sitting here enjoying my first homemade iced coffee, thank you!! It’s as good as anything from Starbucks and so easy!! I thought it would take hot water and lots of ice, but nope!! Yay!!!! This is a game changer, thanks so much!!! – Lana
Ways to customize iced coffee
- add more instant coffee: like your coffee stronger? Use more instant coffee to taste.
- use more or less water: Play around with the amount of water you use to find your perfect iced coffee.
- use coffee syrups with your creamer: vanilla syrup, salted caramel syrup, or hazelnut syrup would all be delicious.
Thank you for this life changer! I have tried to make good iced coffee for years and it has always been hit or miss. Cold brew, hot brew over ice, etc. Stumbled across your recipe…had doubts…tried it anyway. Absolutely delicious! No more prepping in advance. Instant perfection. – Kathy
I usually stir mine up, go do something else for a minute or so, then come back and stir a little more and it is ready.
For another delicious homemade coffee recipe, be sure to try this Whipped Cream Frozen Coffee!
More Recipes You’ll love
- Baked Ziti with Ricotta
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Spicy Southwest Salad
- Roasting Frozen Broccoli
- Easy Cheese Ball Recipe
- Ricotta Cheese Lasagna
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 ½ tablespoons instant coffee grounds
- ⅔ cup cold water
- Coffee creamer, to taste
- Add instant coffee grounds and cold water to a glass and stir well
- Stir constantly and allow the coffee to completely dissolved (this may take 1-2 minutes)
- Add ice and creamer to taste
You can make this stronger by adding more coffee grounds or less water
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This does not show accurate sugar content, as the coffee will vary depending on the type of creamer you use.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!