Vegan banana bread recipe made with wholesome, simple ingredients.
It’s your favorite classic banana bread but with no dairy or eggs!
I already have several recipes for banana bread on this site, but today I’m sharing a special vegan version.
Many of my recipes are vegan, and I wanted to show just how easy it is to make something like the classic banana bread still taste amazing without dairy or eggs!
I normally make my banana bread dairy free, so the only thing I needed to replace was the eggs.
Finding an egg substitution is one of the hardest parts of vegan baking.
For this vegan banana bread, I simply used a combination of extra mashed banana and applesauce and it came out perfect!
How to make vegan banana bread
First, whisk together your dry ingredients, whole wheat pastry flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
In another bowl, beat your mashed bananas, maple syrup, applesauce, cane sugar, and vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined, and no streaks of flour remain.
Grease a loaf pan with dairy free butter or olive oil spray, and pour in the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
Allow to cool before removing from the pan, then cut into slices.
Serve warm or cold, with a smear of your favorite vegan butter for extra deliciousness!
More vegan recipes you might like
If you love this vegan banana bread, be sure to also try my vegan banana muffins!
If you have a sweet tooth, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are guaranteed to curb any craving. Just try not to eat all the batter first!
Be sure to make yourself a glass of instant iced coffee to enjoy with your slice of banana bread. Coffee + banana bread = one perfect breakfast.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe:
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups very ripe mashed bananas
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add whole wheat pastry flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat together applesauce, maple syrup, bananas, sugar, and vanilla extract until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to stir until just combined, and no streaks of flour remain
- Grease a loaf pan with vegan butter or olive oil cooking spray
- Pour in the batter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean
- Allow to cool, then remove from pan and cut into slices
- Serve warm or cold with a smear of your favorite vegan butter!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g