Back before I became a food blogger (and obsessed with food), I was one of those people that thought that there was a single magical cookie recipe and that I needed to find it and only make that one recipe.
Fast forward to now, and I have now 5 chocolate chip cookie variation recipes on my blog. Why you ask? Well I have realized that there is a chocolate chip cookie for every mood and that life is too short to limit yourself to only one!
I first made these cookies on a whim while visiting my in laws in Florida for Christmas.
I had been baking for a few days and decided that I wanted to make cookies. However, I just wasn’t in the mood for just any cookie and wanted to try something new.
I tested out these classic chocolate chunk cookies and fell in love! They are perfectly chewy, not cakey, and taste like a bite of heaven. Everyone loved them!
I had a hard time naming these cookies (because…well I do have 4 other recipes that I also love), but I decided that they are as close to classic (while still using some healthier ingredients) as you can get.
While I’m a sucker for lots of cookie recipes, but there’s just something about a basic simple recipe like this that is perfect for every occasion!
- 2¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz dark chocolate chunks
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, brown sugar, vegan butter, vanilla extract, and olive oil
- Add eggs and beat well
- In a separate bowl, add whole wheat pastry flour, salt, and baking soda and whisk until combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat until combined
- Fold in chocolate chunks with a rubber spatula
- Roll batter into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes
Love chocolate chip cookies? Here are some more of my favorites: