Almond butter cups recipe made with simple, wholesome ingredients. Naturally gluten free and dairy free!
Every time I make my vegan peanut butter cups, they disappear so fast I can’t even keep up!
Since that recipe was so well loved, I decided to make a similar recipe using almond butter.
These chocolate almond butter cups are just as good as their peanut butter friends, and daresay I think I might like them even better!
Honestly, I’m not a huge almond butter lover, but between this recipe and my almond butter chocolate chip cookies, it’s safe to say my mind has been changed.
How to make almond butter cups
- First, melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil in a sauce pan. You can use a double boiler method, but honestly this way is simpler and if you watch it closely it will not burn. You can use dark chocolate chips of semi sweet, which is what I opted for.
- Once your chocolate and coconut oil is melted, stir in your vanilla extract.
- Add two teaspoons of the chocolate mixture to the bottom of 12 muffin tins, lined with muffin liners.
- Place muffin tin in the freezer until chocolate is set, around 10 – 15 minutes
- While your chocolate is hardening, make the almond butter mixture
- Remove chocolate from freezer and distribute almond butter filling evenly into the 12 muffin tins, pressing down to make it flat
- Pour remaining chocolate over the tops and sprinkle generously with flaked sea salt
- Return to the freezer for around 15 minutes, or until hardened
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer
The flaked sea salt on top really puts the flavor on a new level. If you have yet to try it, I cannot recommend it enough for desserts.
Perfect for getting your salty + sweet fix and really elevates all of the other flavors.
I made these two days ago and there is only one left. They definitely will not last long!
These nut butter are naturally vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and grain free.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Be sure to tag your recipe photos on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite!
More healthy no bake desserts:
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- Healthy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
pin these almond butter cups:
This post may contain affiliate links.
Almond Butter Cups
Healthy chocolate almond butter cups made with simple ingredients. Vegan + gluten free
- 10 oz semi sweet dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium sized sauce pan
- Turn heat on low or medium, and heat until melted, stirring frequently to avoid burning
- Once melted, stir in the vanilla extract
- Line a muffin tin with 12 parchment paper muffin cups
- Add 2 teaspoons of the chocolate mixture to the bottom of each muffin cup
- Once finished, shake the pan down to make sure chocolate lays flat in each cup
- Place muffin tin in freezer for 10 - 15 minutes, until chocolate hardens
- While chocolate is hardening, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flour, and 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. Use a fork or your hands to combine (the mixture should be dry enough to not stick to your hands)
- Once chocolate hardens, distribute almond butter mixture evenly into each of the 12 tins, and use your hands to flatten it down
- Pour remaining chocolate over the tops, around 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons per cup, until all of your chocolate is used up
- Sprinkle tops generously with flaked sea salt
- Place tin back in freezer for around 15 minutes, or until chocolate is hardened
- Store the almond butter cups in the fridge or freezer
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a star rating below!