No bake cookies have long been one of my favorite healthy desserts.
While I will always love my classic chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, I decided that I wanted to switch up the recipe and try something new!
These healthy peanut butter no bake cookies are a great easy dessert packed full of protein.
If you’re looking for even more gluten free dairy free desserts, click here for a roundup of 25 of my favorite recipes!
how to make healthy peanut butter no bake cookies
In a sauce pan, whisk together protein powder and maple syrup over medium low heat until combined.
Add coconut oil and almond milk, whisking until fully combined.
Add peanut butter, salt, and vanilla extract, stirring until peanut butter melts and is combined.
Add oats, stir, and remove from heat.
Line baking sheets with wax paper.
Drop batter by spoonfuls onto the sheets.
Press tops lightly with a fork to flatten.
Place baking sheets in fridge until cookies are set (30 minutes to 1 hour).
Once cookies have hardened, make the chocolate drizzle.
Melt coconut oil over low heat, stirring in the chocolate chips and salt until the mixture is melted and drippy.
Drizzle chocolate over tops of cookies using a spoon. Return to fridge until chocolate hardens (10 minutes or less).
These healthy peanut butter no bake cookies are all things delicious.
Packed full of protein, natural sweetener, and drizzled with a touch of chocolate, they are the perfect lightened up healthy dessert recipe!
As a nursing mama, it’s important that my body gets lots of oats to help with milk supply.
This recipe is one that I’m adding to my arsenal of easy and delicious snacks/desserts that are breastfeeding friendly!
These cookies make a great healthy dessert or snack for when you are craving something sweet.
more healthy desserts
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Homemade Magic Shell Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sea Salt Pretzel Bark
- Ultimate Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge
- No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Healthy Double Chocolate Milkshake
So many no bake cookie recipes call for tons of butter and white sugar. You won’t find any of that in this recipe.
I have tried these cookies before and found them to be so excessively sweet that I didn’t even enjoy the taste.
These cookies couldn’t be further away nutritionally than a classic no bake, but you would never know it by the flavor!
They are so decadent and delicious. You don’t have to compromise on flavor when you eat healthy!
One reader said this: “I made these and we absolutely love them. They are a great healthy indulgence.”
They taste like super rich and fudgy peanut butter cups. The chocolate shell on top is the perfect complement!
The chocolate drizzle is totally optional, but highly recommended. Chocolate + peanut butter = a match made in heaven.
Who else agrees with me?! Some more of my favorite ways to enjoy peanut butter + chocolate: healthy no bake peanut butter truffles, vegan peanut butter cups, gluten free peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars.
These cookies are easy to make, no bake, and look like a fancy dessert.
If you are looking for healthy dessert ideas you will love these cookies!
Once you form the cookies, let them cool in the fridge until set.
This makes sure that the chocolate won’t just fall off of the cookies when you top them.
Once they are set, it’s time to break out the chocolate drizzle!
I prefer to store these in the freezer as they get a great fudgy texture to them. I loveee freezer desserts!
You can store them in the fridge also, just be sure to keep them cool as they will melt easily.
These are so rich, chewy, and decadent all while being a better for you dessert!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and #buildyourbite!
More healthy dessert recipes to try
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Truffles
- Healthy Reese’s Cups
- Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Almond Bark
pin these healthy peanut butter no bake cookies for later:
healthy peanut butter no bake cookie recipe:
For the cookies
- 1 cup pure grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened protein powder (I used brown rice protein powder)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
For the Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a sauce pan, whisk together protein powder and maple syrup over medium low heat until combined
- Add coconut oil and almond milk, whisking until fully incorporated
- Add peanut butter, salt, and vanilla extract, stirring until peanut butter melts and is combined
- Add oats, stir, and remove from heat
- Line baking sheets with wax paper
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto the sheets
- Press tops lightly with a fork to flatten
- Place baking sheets in fridge until cookies are set (30 minutes to 1 hour)
- Once cookies have hardened, make the chocolate drizzle
- Melt coconut oil over low heat, stirring in the chocolate chips and salt until the mixture is melted and drippy
- Drizzle chocolate over tops of cookies using a spoon. Return to fridge until chocolate hardens (10 minutes or less)
- Store cookies in freezer for a delicious fudgy texture
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
nutrition information is calculated automatically and may not be completely accurate. It may vary based on brands of products used
Did you make this recipe? I would love for you to leave a star rating below!
Sharing is caring!