This classic homemade banana bread recipe is always a family favorite snack or breakfast. The best way to use ripe bananas!
Homemade banana bread baking in the oven is one of my favorite smells.
Every time I find myself with a too ripe bananas, I get to decide which delicious recipe I want to make.
Some of our favorite ways to use ripe bananas include cake mix banana muffins, banana mini muffins, and cake mix banana bread.
But my go to recipe when I just want a slice of comfort is this easy homemade classic banana bread.
Hot out of the oven with a pat of butter melting onto it?
So delicious, and it always disappears quickly in my house!
Banana Bread Ingredients
- ripe mashed bananas
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
How to make banana bread
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan in preparation.
Step 1: Add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas to a large bowl and mix until combined.
I typically just use a whisk, but you can also do this with an electric handheld mixer.
Step 2: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined using a rubber spatula.
Be careful not to over mix the batter, as this will dry it out.
Step 4: Pour the banana bread batter into the greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Step 5: Once it has finished baking, allow the bread to rest for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove onto a wire cooling rack.
The easiest way to do this is by running a knife along the edges, then flipping it upside down onto the wire rack.
After it’s out you can flip it to be bottom side down until is has finished cooling.
I love eating this bread warm with butter smeared on it.
But, it’s also delicious cold straight from the fridge.
Which is your favorite way to eat banana bread?
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Next time you are craving a simple homemade bread recipe, make this recipe!
This classic homemade banana bread is always a family favorite snack or breakfast!
- 1 cup extra ripe mashed banana (around 2-3 medium sized bananas)
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan
- Add the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined using a rubber spatula. Do not over mix
- Pour the banana bread batter into the greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Rest for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove onto a wire cooling rack
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g