These easy mini banana muffins are the perfect bite sized breakfast or snack!
Have some ripe bananas that you need to use up? These easy mini banana muffins taste like banana bread.
Whether you prefer your muffins with or without chocolate chips, these will be delicious either way!
Ingredients to make mini banana muffins
- bananas: very ripe is best for the optimal sweetness
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- pure maple syrup
- all purpose flour
- mini chocolate chips
How to make mini banana muffins
Step 1: In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: salt, flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
Step 2: Gather the wet ingredients.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until just combined. Do not over mix.
Step 4: If you do not want chocolate chips in your muffins, you can skip this step.
What I did was to make half and half.
I added half of the batter to the mini muffin tin, then folded chocolate chips into the remaining half of the batter.
Step 5: Grease the mini muffin tin, then fill evenly with the mini muffin batter.
Step 6: bake the banana muffins at 350 degrees for 11-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool 2-3 minutes in the pan, then use a butter knife to gently remove them from the pan and onto a wire cooling rack.
My kids loved these easy mini banana bread muffins!
Want to change up the mix ins? Try adding some chopped nuts to make banana nut muffins instead!
These are everything you could want in a muffin. Moist, flavorful, easy to make, and bonus points they are so cute in the mini size.
These mini muffins are perfect for snacking or breakfast on the go!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
These little muffins are light and fluffy and sure to be a new favorite! Make up a batch next time you find yourself with some over ripe bananas.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup very ripe mashed bananas (2-3 medium sized bananas)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the salt, flour, and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until just combined
- If you want half banana muffins and half banana chocolate chip, follow the instructions below.
- Grease a mini muffin tin and fill half of the tin with batter up to the top of the tin.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the remaining half of the muffin batter
- Fill the remaining half of the mini muffin tin with the chocolate chip banana batter
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 11 - 14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool for 2-3 minutes in the muffin tin, then use a knife along the edges to remove the muffins and place on a wire cooling rack
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g