These cinnamon apple muffins with streusel topping make a delicious breakfast for fall mornings.
Apple cinnamon muffins are a classic favorite, made even more delicious thanks to a streusel topping crumbled over the top.
These muffins are a favorite treat for anytime of year, but fall especially!
Serve warm with butter for breakfast, snack, or dessert.
These muffins have me feeling all the cozy fall vibes!
Ingredients to make apple cinnamon muffins
- whole wheat pastry flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- brown sugar
How to make cinnamon apple muffins
(Full ingredients and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post).
First, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
Whisk the wet ingredients – eggs, honey, maple syrup, coconut oil, and yogurt.
Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
Peel and dice the apples into small pieces, then fold into the batter.
Once you have filled the muffin liners, make the streusel topping to sprinkle over the tops.
Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and enjoy!
These muffins are the perfect sweetness without being over the top sweet.
I’m not gonna lie, the streusel topping is my favorite part!
It is sweet and crumbly and makes these taste like muffins fresh from a bakery.
These were gone in less than a day at our house.
Give these a try and let me know what you think!
More apple recipes
- Vegan Apple Crisp
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Cranberry Apple Crisp
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted*
- 1/3 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and chopped apples
for the Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, honey, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and yogurt until combined
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined
- Peel and dice the apple into small pieces
- Fold in the apples into the batter
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffins (these will not stick), or spray with cooking spray
- Distribute batter evenly into 12 cups
- Stir together all ingredients for streusel topping
- Top muffins with the streusel
- Bake at 350 degrees for 24 - 28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Serve warm with butter (optional, but delicious!)
Measure coconut oil while solid, then melt
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 412Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 6gSugar: 27gProtein: 10g