A delicious and simple recipe for the best vegan apple crisp you’ll ever eat! This recipe comes together in just 15 minutes and is sure to impress!
Every recipe that I share on my blog is one that I have personally made and loved.
This recipe that I’m sharing with you today has me SO excited.
There are three things that you need to know about me before I start talking about the amazingness that is this best vegan apple crisp.
(1) I typically am not big on apples or apple flavored desserts
(2) apple crisp has never been high on my list of favorite desserts
(3) this vegan apple crisp absolutely blew me away and is now HIGH on my list of easy knock-your-socks-off desserts!
My husband always goes on and on about how he would love for me to make him apple pie, apple crisp, or something along those lines.
The poor man was married to me for a year and a half before I finally decided to make something apple related for dessert.
If it was up to me, I would make all things chocolate and peanut butter flavored as those are what I tend to gravitate towards.
Well NO MORE, my friends.
This apple crisp has officially changed my mind on apple flavored desserts!
I gave my husband the first bite and he declared it one of the best things he had ever eaten.
I took a bite and was surprised when I agreed with him!
I normally am not crazy for fruity desserts, but OH MAN did this change my mind.
Many apple crumble recipes suggest thinly slicing the apples before cooking.
I considered this for about 3.2 seconds before realizing that 1) I am too lazy for that and 2) it will taste just as good with diced apples.
I was right!
No need to peel or slice, just chop and you’re good to go.
The apples become bubbly and delicious and the crumble on top gets a little crisp on it towards the end.
I ate a huge bowl of this with bites of vanilla ice cream.
I’m currently trying to convince myself that 2 p.m. is not an acceptable time for more apple crisp. I can’t wait to have leftovers tonight!
I was surprised at how quickly I was able to throw this together! It only took me around 15-20 minutes to get this all ready for the oven.
This will definitely be going on my list of favorite quick and easy desserts!
I have baked this apple crisp in a 9″ pie pan and also in a small casserole dish.
Looking for more easy vegan crisp recipes? Try these:
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe!
If you make it, be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and #buildyourbite so I can see!
Pin this Best Vegan Apple Crisp Recipe:
Best Vegan Apple Crisp
For the filling
- 6 medium apples, diced into chunks (about 6 1/2 cups worth)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
For the Topping
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- Cut apples into chunks and place in a large bowl
- Add remaining filling ingredients to bowl (lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and corn starch) and toss with the apples until well combined
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for the topping. Melt the coconut oil and vegan butter before adding to the mixture. The topping should resemble wet sand once mixed well
- Pour apple mixture into a pan (I used a 9" pie dish)
- Cover evenly with the topping
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, or until the apples are bubbly and the top starts to brown
- Allow to cool/rest for 15-20 minutes before serving
- Serve alone or with (vegan) ice cream to keep it vegan!