The best vegan apple crisp you’ll ever eat!
This easy apple crisp recipe comes together in just 15 minutes and is sure to impress.
No fancy technique needed, just chop up your apples and get ready to bake this delicious fall favorite recipe!
Every recipe that I share on my blog is one that I have personally made and loved.
This recipe that I’m sharing with you today has me SO excited.
This vegan apple crisp recipe has become one of our most treasured fall favorite desserts.
We make it every year, and even our non vegan or vegetarian family members request this recipe!
This apple crisp is sure to please your family, and it comes together in just minutes.
No need to spend tons of times slicing those apples.
There are three things that you need to know about me before I start talking about the amazingness that is this best vegan apple crisp.
(1) I typically am not big on apples or apple flavored desserts
(2) apple crisp has never been high on my list of favorite desserts
(3) this vegan apple crisp absolutely blew me away and is now HIGH on my list of easy knock-your-socks-off desserts!
Vegan Apple Crisp Reviews
You don’t just need to take my word for it though!
Scroll down to the bottom of this post if you want to read all of the stellar reviews coming in on this crisp from readers who have tried it.
My husband always goes on and on about how he would love for me to make him apple pie, apple crisp, or something along those lines.
The poor man was married to me for a year and a half before I finally decided to make something apple related for dessert.
If it was up to me, I would make all things chocolate and peanut butter flavored as those are what I tend to gravitate towards.
Well NO MORE, my friends.
This apple crisp has officially changed my mind on apple flavored and fruit desserts in general!
I gave my husband the first bite and he declared it one of the best things he had ever eaten.
I took a bite and was surprised when I agreed with him!
I normally am not crazy for fruity desserts, but OH MAN did this change my mind.
This recipe inspired me to go on and create more fruit crisp recipes, and they are now favorites in our house.
Vegan Crisp Recipes
How to make vegan apple crisp
Many apple crumble recipes suggest thinly slicing the apples before cooking.
I considered this for about 3.2 seconds before realizing that 1) I am too lazy for that and 2) it will taste just as good with diced apples.
I was right! No need to peel or slice, just chop and you’re good to go.
Easy desserts > difficult desserts any day. No need to sacrifice time or flavor in this recipe!
The apples become bubbly and delicious and the crumble on top gets a little crisp on it towards the end.
Omg that crisp topping. So crunchy and the perfect complement to the melt in your mouth apples.
I ate a huge bowl of this with bites of vanilla ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream is optional, but highly recommended.
There’s nothing like a big bowl of melt in your mouth fruit crisp with bites of cool and creamy vanilla ice cream!
I’m currently trying to convince myself that 2 p.m. is not an acceptable time for more apple crisp.
I can’t wait to have leftovers tonight for dessert!
I was surprised at how quickly I was able to throw this together!
It only took me around 15-20 minutes to get this all ready for the oven.
Really such a simple dessert that looks like you spent a lot of time on it.
This will definitely be going on my list of favorite quick and easy desserts!
I have baked this apple crisp in a 9″ pie pan and also in a small casserole dish.
Whatever small casserole dish you have will work!
If you are concerned about the size, just watch the crisp carefully towards the end of cook time to make sure it does not burn.
Looking for more easy vegan crisp recipes?
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe!
If you make one of my recipes, be sure to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and #buildyourbite so I can see!
Saving this recipe for later? Click HERE to pin this recipe
Vegan Apple Crisp Recipe:
Best Vegan Apple Crisp
The best vegan apple crisp recipe you'll ever eat! So easy to assemble and everyone goes crazy for it!
- 6 medium apples, diced into chunks (about 6 1/2 cups worth)
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
For the filling
For the Topping
- Cut apples into chunks and place in a large bowl
- Add remaining filling ingredients to bowl (lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and corn starch) and toss with the apples until well combined
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for the topping. Melt the coconut oil and vegan butter before adding to the mixture. The topping should resemble wet sand once mixed well
- Pour apple mixture into a pan (I used a 9" pie dish)
- Cover evenly with the topping
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, or until the apples are bubbly and the top starts to brown
- Allow to cool/rest for 15-20 minutes before serving
- Serve alone or with (vegan) ice cream to keep it vegan!
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to leave a star rating below!