This slow cooker vegetarian chili recipe is easy to make, and makes your house smell amazing. A family favorite!
Chili is one of those crock pot meals that just never goes out of style.
This vegetarian crock pot chili is SO easy to make, naturally gluten free, vegan, and packed full of flavor!
It makes a big old slow cooker full which means leftovers (yay!!) or enough to feed a crowd.
ingredients in slow cooker vegetarian chili
- kidney beans
- chili beans
- fire roasted diced tomatoes
- sliced stewed tomatoes
- tomato paste
- yellow onion
- vegetable broth
- chili powder
How do I make vegetarian chili in the crock pot?
First, start with cooking the fresh garlic and onion in a skillet until the onion is soft.
While the onions are doing their thing, add the kidney beans, chili beans, fire roasted tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to a 6 qt slow cooker.
Once the garlic and onion are soft and no longer crunchy, add them into the crock pot with the other ingredients and give it a stir.
Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or high for 3 – 4, then serve with your favorite toppings!
Best toppings for chili
Whatever sounds good!
Our favorites are natural brand fritos, sour cream, and sharp cheddar (fresh grated is always better!)
This chili recipe fills a 6 quart slow cooker almost to the top which means it makes a ton!
We ate the leftovers over the next few days and it reheats like a dream.
If you want to switch it up, try adding some leftover chili to your favorite mac and cheese for easy chili mac!
This recipe is just mildly spicy, so if you like your chili with more heat, you can add more paprika to taste.
More crock pot recipes
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 2 (15 oz) cans of kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans of chili beans in sauce (not drained)
- 2 (15 oz) cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 14.5 oz sliced stewed tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, add the garlic, onion, and a splash of olive oil
- Cook over medium high heat for 10 - 15 minutes, until onion is soft, stirring to avoid burning
- While the garlic and onion are cooking, add the remaining ingredients to a 6 qt slow cooker
- One the garlic and onion are done, add them to the other ingredients and stir well
- Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or low for 6 - 8 hours
- Serve with sharp cheddar cheese, sour cream, fritos, or your favorite toppings!
This chili is mildly spicy. For more heat, add more paprika.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 478mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g