Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins made with greek yogurt are a fall staple! Pumpkin lovers will adore these rich and fluffy muffins. A healthy fall treat with no oil and lighter ingredients!
I’m ringing in the nearing fall season with these healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
I don’t know about you, but fall is my absolute favorite season.
If only it could be fall year round, now that would be my dream!
Fall also means we are edging closer to Christmastime, which is basically the greatest time of the year.
I just adore the fall and winter and all the cozy family time vibes!
I for one am convinced that it’s never too early for pumpkin.
And pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are always a good idea!
August is over which means that ALL THE PUMPKIN things start in September.
I’m so excited that my favorite season is just around the corner!
how to make healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
Whisk together nonfat greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined (do not over mix)
Fold in chocolate chips and stir.
Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper muffin liners.
Distribute filling evenly (these will be large muffins!)
Sprinkle on additional more mini chocolate chips over the tops!
Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but also double as a guiltless treat for your sweet tooth.
The key to these fluffy moist muffins is greek yogurt.
It also means that we don’t need any oil in this recipe!
The combination of pumpkin puree + greek yogurt gives these muffins a great texture without the need for any oil!
How to keep pumpkin muffins from sticking to the liners
Because these muffins do not have oil, you might have trouble with them sticking to the muffin liners.
The easy solution for this is to buy parchment paper muffin liners at your grocery store.
Parchment liners have changed my life!
The muffins literally do not stick at all and come right out without a problem.
We are also using whole wheat flour in this recipe, but you would never know these muffins are healthy!
One bite and I knew I had found a new favorite fall breakfast!
These muffins are low in sugar, making them perfect for a healthier (and protein packed) breakfast or snack.
These would also be great to curb a sweet tooth for dessert!
I used mini chocolate chips for cuteness factor, but you can use normal sized as well!
More Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
Looking for more healthy pumpkin recipes for fall? Here are some reader favorites!
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, Whisk together the greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk whole wheat flour, rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined (do not over mix)
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper muffin liners (these will not stick like regular muffin liners) If you use regular muffin liners, spray them with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Distribute filling evenly (these will be large muffins)
- Sprinkle on additional mini chocolate chips over the tops
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g