Healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins made with greek yogurt are a fall staple! Pumpkin lovers will adore these rich and fluffy muffins. A healthy fall treat with no oil and lighter ingredients.
Ring in the fall season with these healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
I don’t know about you, but fall is my absolute favorite season.
If only it could be fall year round, now that would be amazing!
ingredients to make healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- plain greek yogurt: the unsweetened kind
- pumpkin puree: not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 eggs
- whole wheat flour
- rolled oats: also known as old fashioned oats
- brown sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- baking powder
- mini chocolate chips
how to make healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
Step 3: Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined. Be careful not to over mix the batter. Fold in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Step 4: Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper muffin liners. Distribute filling evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle on additional more mini chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
Step 5: Bake the healthy pumpkin muffins at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
How to keep pumpkin muffins from sticking to the liners
Because these muffins do not have oil, you might have trouble with them sticking to the muffin liners. The easy solution for this is to buy parchment paper muffin liners at your grocery store.
Parchment liners have changed my life! Absolutely nothing will stick to them.
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are healthy enough to eat for breakfast, but also double as a yummy treat for your sweet tooth.
The key to these fluffy moist muffins is greek yogurt. It also means that we don’t need any oil in this recipe!
These muffins are low in sugar, making them perfect for a healthier (and protein packed) breakfast or snack.
These would also be great to curb a sweet tooth for dessert!
I used mini chocolate chips for cuteness factor, but you can use normal sized as well!
More Pumpkin Recipes
Looking for more healthy pumpkin recipes for fall? Here are some reader favorites!
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: greek yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing with a rubber spatula until just combined (do not over mix)
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper muffin liners (these will not stick like regular muffin liners) If you use regular muffin liners, spray them with cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Distribute filling evenly (these will be large muffins)
- Sprinkle on additional mini chocolate chips over the tops
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g