Greek cucumber salad with chickpeas, tomatoes, feta cheese and tangy lemon olive oil dressing. A fresh and easy salad bursting with flavor!
Salads are a magical thing to me.
If you toss the right amount of flavor and vegetables into a salad you can come out with something so delicious that you forget how healthy it is.
That’s what happened when I made this greek cucumber salad!
How to make greek cucumber salad
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to a large bowl
- Chop up your onion, cucumber, and tomatoes, and add them to the bowl
- Add your feta cheese
- Make the salad dressing in a mason jar, and shake to combine
- Pour dressing over salad and stir to combine
- Serve chilled
Even though I’m a vegetarian and eat pretty healthy by most standards, I wouldn’t normally eat a ton of raw vegetables unless they were in a smoothie.
I don’t even really care for tomatoes most of the time and cucumber has always been a meh for me, but in this salad they suddenly become magically delicious!
I added chickpeas for extra protein and texture and loved the little bit of crunch that they added to each bite.
Feta cheese + tangy delicious lemon-y olive oil dressing and this salad is next level amazing!
Feta cheese in salads is so delicious and one of my favorite flavors!
This makes a great easy side dish, and would be perfect to bring to a potluck.
I had a big bowl for lunch today and was still full hours later, which surprised me!
My body must have really needed all of those nutrients.
I didn’t add any olives because I don’t like them, but if you do they would be a great addition!
So tangy, so fresh.
This greek tomato cucumber salad practically screams summer and spring.
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag your recipe creations on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite!
Pin this greek tomato cucumber salad:
Cucumber Chickpea Greek Salad
Fresh and tangy greek cucumber salad with chickpeas and tomatoes.
- 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Add chickpeas, red onion, feta, cucumber, and tomatoes to a large bowl and stir to combine
- Add remaining ingredients to a mason jar to make the dressing.
- Shake to combine and pour dressing over salad
- Serve chilled
This will yield 6 - 8 servings as a side dish
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!