This homemade veggie pot pie makes for the most delicious vegetarian comfort food dinner.
This homemade veggie pot pie is top of my list of favorite cozy comfort food style dinners.
It’s made with a creamy vegetable filling with vegetarian chick’n, and topped with flaky biscuits.
It is hearty and warm and cozy and so delicious!
Ingredients to make veggie pot pie
- onion & garlic
- frozen mixed vegetables
- cream of mushroom soup
- vegetable broth
- freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- sage, thyme, oregano, salt, & pepper
- meatless chick’n strips
- ready to bake biscuits
How to make veggie pot pie
Step 1: Add garlic, onion, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a skillet or sauce pan.
Step 2: sauté the garlic and onion on medium heat for 10 – 15 minutes stirring often, until onion is translucent.
Step 3: Add the frozen veggies, cream of mushroom soup, vegetable broth, vegetarian chick’n strips, and milk to the garlic and onion.
Step 4: Heat for 5 minutes, then add the fresh grated cheese, sage, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper and heat until hot.
Step 5: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the biscuits spread out on a cookie sheet.
We like to bake our rolls separately on a cookie sheet (at the same time that the filling is baking.) The reason for this is that we love to get yummy crispy edges on the rolls.
Step 6: Transfer the veggie pot pie filling into a casserole dish. Place biscuits on the top rack of the oven and the pot pie filling on the bottom rack. Bake at 350 for 15 – 20 minutes, and flip the biscuits half way through.
Step 7: Place the biscuits on top of the vegetable pot pie filling and serve immediately.
Cozy, simple comfort food is the best way to describe this recipe.
We used frozen veggies for convenience, but this you could customize with any veggies that you have on hand. Potatoes would also be a delicious addition.
This veggie pot pie is so easy to make and really tastes amazing!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Vegetarian Comfort Food Recipes
- Meatless Million Dollar Baked Ziti
- Healthy Baked Spaghetti
- One Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Crockpot Baked Ziti
- Creamy Vegetable and Rice Casserole
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 (10 oz each) bags of frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrot, peas, green beans)
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 container (10 oz) refrigerated meatless chick'n strips
- 1 container ready to bake biscuits (8 count)
- Add garlic, onion, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a large skillet
- Saute on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes stirring often, until onion is transluscent
- Add frozen veggies, cream of mushroom, vegetable broth, chick'n strips, and milk to the skillet
- Heat an additional 5 minutes
- Add cheese, sage, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper and heat until hot, around 5 more minutes
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place biscuits spread out on a cookie sheet
- Transfer skillet mixture to a small casserole dish
- Place biscuits on the top rack and the pot pie filling on the bottom rack
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, and flip the biscuits half way through
- Remove from oven and place biscuits on top of pot pie filling
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 716mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g