The most perfect Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins to ever exist! Inside every dreamy bite is melted chocolate and these are made with wholesome ingredients.
Let me introduce to you the best gluten free muffins I have ever made.
I don’t use those words lightly, and one bite of a muffin and you will understand why!
These gluten free chocolate muffins are hard to do justice with words.
They are insanely chocolatey, soft and light (not dense or dry), and so satisfying thanks to greek yogurt!
Why we love these gluten free chocolate muffins
Texture is everything with gluten free recipes, and this is the best texture I have ever been able to create!
These taste like a cross between the most moist and flavorful chocolate cake and your favorite brownie.
They don’t fall apart, and aren’t too sweet (I love using Enjoy Life chocolate chips for this recipe).
I used mini chocolate chips for a better distribution of melted chocolate on the inside, ensuring that every delicious bite is chocolate packed!
I love grabbing one of these for a healthier dessert or mid day snack!
Tips for muffins that do not stick
As always, I recommend using parchment paper muffin liners anytime you make muffins.
Absolutely nothing will stick to parchment paper, so the muffins just come right off!
You can find them at your local grocery store, or Target or Walmart.
If you are prone to reaching for sugary cereal to curb a morning sweet tooth, these would be the perfect breakfast for you!
Each muffin is less than 200 calories and has a whopping 5 grams of protein in it.
Two chocolate muffins for breakfast? Yes please!
More gluten free muffin recipes to try
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Gluten free chocolate muffins recipe
- 1 cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Measure 1/4 cup of coconut oil then melt in a microwave safe bowl until liquid (around 20 - 30 seconds)
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to stir until just combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners (these will ensure the muffins do not stick)
- Distribute batter evenly into the 12 cups
- Top each muffin with additional mini chocolate chips, if desired
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g