Gluten Free Orange Muffins with sweet orange glaze. These citrusy muffins taste like sunshine in every bite! Perfect texture gluten free muffin recipe.
These gluten free orange muffins taste like pure heaven in every bite.
They are all things a delicious muffin should be:
- sweet, but not overly so
- fluffy, not dry, and do not fall apart (i.e. the perfect gluten free recipe)
- drizzled with an extra flavor pop of delicious glaze
Basically we have the cousin to my gluten free lemon muffins.
I can’t pick a favorite because they are both so delicious!
Ingredients to make orange muffins
- oat flour
- coconut flour
- greek yogurt
- orange zest
- orange juice
- vanilla extract
- olive oil
- baking powder
- cane sugar
- powdered sugar
How to make muffins gluten free
The key to that perfect texture that doesn’t crumble is my combination of oat flour, coconut flour, and greek yogurt.
It’s the magical trio for gluten free muffin making.
If you’ve struggled to make great texture gluten free treats, just search the archives on Build Your Bite for many more delicious recipes just like this one!
These are great warm from the oven, or chilled in the fridge.
I store the leftovers in the fridge for that great chilled icing texture that tastes like frosting!
These muffins were a hit all around!
Enough protein to call it breakfast, but sweet enough to be dessert.
The best kind of muffins if you ask me!
More Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Brownies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Gluten Free Muffin Recipe
For The Orange Muffins
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cane sugar
For the Glaze
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, olive oil, orange juice, vanilla, orange zest, eggs, and sugar
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet, and whisk until just combined
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper muffin liners (these will ensure the muffins do not stick)
- Distribute batter evenly into the 12 muffin cups, then shake/tap the pan on a flat surface until the batter settles flatly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 - 32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice to make the glaze
- Drizzle glaze over muffins and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g