The most delicious gluten free lemon muffins recipe made with greek yogurt.
Perfectly fluffy, melt in your mouth gluten free muffins!
These semi-mini gluten free lemon muffins are giving me LIFE right now.
I made a batch of these perfectly spring-y muffins this morning and let’s just say I may or may not have eaten somewhere between around 4 of them already.
These sweet little things have:
- the perfect lemon taste in every bite
- an unbelievably perfect texture (no falling apart gluten free muffins here)
- the most addictive sweet lemon glaze on top
Honestly, your perfect gluten free muffin!
When I was brainstorming new recipes this week, I decided that I was craving something lemon, and so the idea for lemon muffins were born.
I am trying to eat less gluten in general, plus I like a good challenge, so I decided to make these muffins be gluten free.
As anyone who has baked gluten free before knows, it can be hard to achieve that perfect texture. Many gluten free treats can end up mealy, grainy, or fall apart.
Not these muffins! I used my (not really famous but it should be) combination of oat flour and coconut flour, paired with greek yogurt for the most decadent texture!
How to make gluten free lemon muffins
First, whisk together your greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and lemon zest.
In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients: oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add your dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined.
Use parchment paper liners to line a muffin tin (these will make the muffins not stick).
Distribute the batter evenly, then bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Once the muffins are done, make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
Use a spoon to drizzle the sweet lemon glaze over the muffins.
I can’t decide which way I like these better – fresh from the oven or chilled in the fridge (the glaze turns to almost frosting texture). Either way I keep wanting more!
Tomorrow is Mother’s Day, and my only request is another batch of these delicious muffins!
More gluten free muffin recipes you might like
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make these muffins? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- ⅔ cup gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup plain 0% greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
For the Glaze
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract, eggs, sugar, and lemon zest until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined (do not over mix)
- Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners (these make the muffins not stick to the liner)
- Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the 12 cups
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22 - 26 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice in a bowl to make the glaze
- Drizzle glaze over the muffins
- Store leftover muffins in the fridge for a frosting like texture!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g