These gluten free brownies are fudgy, thick, and taste like a million bucks.
An easy dairy free gluten free brownie recipe.
These gluten free brownies are my latest gluten free dessert test.
Although I myself am not gluten free, I post a lot of gluten free desserts on my blog.
My criteria for making gluten free recipes is that they have to be easy to make and not require any hard to find fancy ingredients.
Years ago, I discovered a combination of oat flour and coconut flour that works perfectly for gluten free baking.
Not only are these two flours easy to find, but they are affordable and very versatile.
Today I’m using it to make this easy and delicious gluten free brownie recipe!
How to make gluten free brownies
These gluten free brownies are made not only with the classic cocoa powder, but there is melted chocolate INSIDE the batter.
This happens to be my favorite way to make brownies taste extra fudgy inside!
First, you will melt coconut oil and chocolate chips until combined.
To this, add in olive oil, vanilla extract, sugar, and brown sugar. Use a whisk to combine.
Whisk in 3 eggs, one at a time, until mixed.
In another bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients: oat flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the dry to the wet, using a rubber spatula to mix until just combined (do no over mix).
Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
I used parchment paper for ease of clean up. It also makes it super easy to just lift the brownies right out of the pan and cut.
Pour in your batter and bake until the middle is no longer jiggly, around 30 – 35 minutes.
Allow the brownies to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then lift the parchment paper and remove the brownies onto a cool surface.
Use a plastic knife to cut, or wait until mostly cool to slice to avoid crumbling.
I made the mistake of cutting mine too warm, and they started to fall apart.
At first, I thought the recipe was not right, but once they cooled they were the perfect fudgy texture and held together like a dream.
With gluten free desserts, that texture is everything.
Just don’t be dumb like me and cut them too soon!
These were absolutely amazing and did not taste gluten free to me at all.
I can’t wait for you to try them!
More Gluten Free Desserts
This gluten free carrot cake gets rave reviews and is one of my favorite cake recipes!
Flourless peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are always a hit, and ridiculously simple to make.
Gluten free cookie bars are a yummy snack or dessert!
No bake peanut butter truffles taste like a buckeye and are made in minutes.
Be sure to pin this recipe and save for later!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Gluten Free Brownies Recipe:
- ½ cup coconut oil, measured solid
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 10 oz dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten free oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth. (around 90 seconds for me) Be careful not to burn. Check every 30 seconds to stir.
- Once the coconut oil and chocolate are melted, add in the olive oil, vanilla extract, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Use a whisk to combine well
- Whisk in 3 eggs one at a time until combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: oat flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined (do not over mix)
- Line an 8 X 8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Pour in the batter and spread out evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28 - 33 minutes, until the center is cooked and no longer jiggly
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan
- Lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove the brownies from the pan
- Allow to cool before cutting, to avoid crumbling
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g