Craving pasta? This easy instant pot pasta recipe features linguini noodles coated in the most delicious garlic parmesan cream sauce! An easy no fuss instant pot dinner.
The instant pot has become one of my favorite appliances for cooking dinner.
This instant pot creamy pasta was born out of a craving I had for comfort food style creamy noodles.
After multiple tests I finally nailed the perfect method for making pasta in the instant pot and I am sharing all my tips and tricks!
Ingredients needed to make instant pot pasta
- vegetable broth: or any kind of broth you have on hand
- heavy cream
- linguini noodles
- fresh garlic: minced
- parmesan cheese: freshly grated
- salt, to taste
How to make instant pot creamy pasta
Step 1: Turn the instant pot to sauté. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the minced garlic. Cook stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
Step 2: Add the broth to the instant pot, then break the linguini noodles in half and add them in. Stir the noodles around and push them down gently until they are all submerged in the liquid.
This is key for the noodles cooking evenly!
Step 3: Place the instant pot lid on and set to sealing. Turn your instant pot to manual/high and cook for 9 minutes.
Step 4: Once the timer beeps, do a quick release and once the pin drops, remove the lid. Stir in the salt, heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
Step 5: Continue to stir the noodles into the sauce for around 5 minutes, or until the liquid absorbs into the noodles. It will look like too much liquid at first, this is normal.
Just keep stirring until the noodles have absorbed most of the sauce and are super creamy.
Once the noodles have absorbed most of the liquid and are super creamy, turn off your instant pot and serve right away.
If you leave the noodles on the keep warm for too long they will dry out.
What to serve with this recipe
This recipe pairs well with pretty much any protein you have on hand, or serve it as is for a yummy meatless dinner!
Here are some easy veggie dishes that would pair well:
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
If you are craving saucy creamy cheesy pasta, this recipe is the perfect way to satisfy that craving!
- 8 oz linguini, broken in half
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Turn the instant pot to sautee. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and the minced garlic. Cook stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant
- Add the vegetable broth and the linguini, broken in half. Stir the noodles around and press them down so that they are totally submerged in the liquid.
- Place the instant pot lid on and set to sealing
- Turn to manual/high and cook for 9 minutes
- Once the timer beeps, do a quick release
- Once the pin drops, remove the lid
- Stir in the salt, heavy cream and parmesan cheese
- Continue to stir the creamy noodles for around 5 minutes, or until the liquid absorbs into the noodles. It will look like too much liquid at first, this is normal. Just keep stirring until the noodles have absorbed most of the sauce and are super creamy
- Turn off the instant pot and serve immediately, garnished with additional parmesan cheese on top if desired
This is best enjoyed immediately. If you leave it on the heat too long the sauce will dry out and absorb completely into the noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1462mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g