Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables are the best dinner time hack. Make crispy roasted veggies with hardly any work. The perfect easy air fryer recipe!
Frozen vegetables are a staple in our house.
While it’s a given that everyone loves fresh vegetables, sometimes it can be hard to make frozen vegetables taste good.
But with how convenient they are, I love having them on hand when I need a veggie fast and don’t have a lot of time.
How do you make frozen veggies crispy?
You can easily make frozen vegetables crispy instead of mushy!
My favorite two methods are oven roasted frozen vegetables, or air fryer frozen vegetables.
The oven version is great, but the air fryer version might be even easier!
Can you air fry frozen vegetables?
Yes! Just be sure that you do not thaw the vegetables first.
Step 1: Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray. I love keeping this on hand for frozen vegetables because the mist is perfect for evenly distribution of the oil.
Step 2: Place the frozen veggies in the air fryer basket, and spray the tops with olive oil spray to coat. Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Give it a shake to stir it around.
Step 3: Air fry at 400 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, checking once or twice, until crispy.
It’s worth noting here that different air fryer models are going to cook faster or slower. I recommend checking often towards the end to make sure that they do not burn.
How do you cook frozen vegetables so they are not soggy?
If you followed all of the steps above, you should end up with nice and crispy veggies!
I said it once, but I will say it again. Be sure you do not let the vegetables thaw before air frying them.
When the vegetables start to thaw is when they get soggy.
I have found the best way to cook them is straight from the freezer, as fast as possible.
Once your vegetables are done, serve as is or sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese on top.
As with most frozen vegetables, these do not reheat well, and are best served right away.
We love the air fryer! Here are some more recipes to try:
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More Recipes from Build Your Bite
- Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Cabbage and Noodles
- Roasting Potatoes in Oven
- Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Stuffed Peppers Recipe Vegetarian
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 2 (10 oz) bags frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- olive oil spray
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil, then add the frozen mixed veggies. Do not allow vegetables to thaw first, add them straight from the freezer to the air fryer for best results.
- Spray the tops of the vegetables with olive oil spray, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and shake to mix them around
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir and shake the vegetables, then air fry another 5 - 10 minutes, until crispy. Different model air fryers will cook faster or slower, so be sure to check often towards the end to avoid burning.
- Sprinkle with optional parmesan cheese and serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 45Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g