These mini pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips are the best bite sized snack or breakfast for pumpkin season!
These Pumpkin Mini Muffins are the best fall muffin!
It’s the time of year for pumpkin recipes and we are obsessed with these perfect mini pumpkin muffins! I have made these for my kids as a snack or fast breakfast and they disappear so quickly.
I find myself making all the pumpkin things, even a pumpkin shaped cheese ball appetizer for parties!
Mini muffins are a favorite in our house because they are the perfect size for little hands or when you just want a little something sweet.
Ingredients to make pumpkin muffins
- canned pumpkin: not pumpkin pie filling
- melted butter: you can substitute vegan butter to make these dairy free
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- pumpkin pie spice
- milk: substitute dairy free milk to make these dairy free
- mini chocolate chips: semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or dairy free mini chocolate chips
How to make pumpkin mini muffins
Step 1: Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
Step 2: In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: canned pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, milk, and eggs.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. It is important not to over mix muffin batter, as it will result in dense and dry muffins.
Step 4: Fold the mini chocolate chips into the muffin batter using a rubber spatula.
Tip: Want some muffins without chocolate chips? Add half of the batter to a greased mini muffin tin first, then fold in half the amount of chocolate chips into the remaining batter.
Step 5: Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Use a mini cookie scoop to fill the muffin tin with batter.
Step 6: Bake the mini pumpkin muffins at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow the pumpkin muffins to cool for 2-3 minutes in the mini muffin pan, then use a butter knife to gently remove the muffins onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Just look at that fluffy chocolatey pumpkin inside! These sweet little muffins are so delicious and perfectly pumpkin spiced.
How to store pumpkin muffins
- at room temperature: store in an airtight container for 2-3 days
- in the refrigerator: the preferred method to keep these muffins fresh for longer. Pumpkin muffins will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- in the freezer: mini muffins can be frozen for up to 2-3 months
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
These pumpkin mini muffins are a must have for fall! Make a batch on the weekend for easy snacking or busy mornings or to have on hand for an after school snack.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, melted butter, vanilla extract, brown sugar, milk, and eggs
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined. Do not over mix
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips using a rubber spatula
- Line a muffin tin with mini muffin liners, or spray the tin with nonstick cooking spray
- Distribute the muffin batter into the 24 mini muffin cups
- Bake the mini pumpkin muffins at 350 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool 2-3 minutes in the pan, then use a butter knife to gently remove the mini muffins onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g