These blueberry mini muffins are the perfect bite sized snack! Made with lightened up ingredients like greek yogurt and pure maple syrup.
Mini muffins are on repeat in our house. Just about every week or two I find myself making another batch because we fly through them.
Mini muffins are great for little ones and adults love them too!
This time we are switching it up and making fresh blueberry muffins!
Ingredients needed to make blueberry mini muffins
- plain full fat greek yogurt
- butter: or substitute oil
- vanilla extract
- fresh lemon zest: a must in blueberry muffins!
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pure maple syrup: our favorite natural sweetener for muffins
- all purpose flour
- fresh blueberries
How to make mini muffins
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: plain greek yogurt, lemon zest, real maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
For this recipe I recommend using fresh blueberries.
After rinsing, let the blueberries dry completely on a paper towel before adding to the batter.
You want them to be dry before adding to the muffin batter.
Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined.
Step 4: fold in the blueberries gently until combined.
Step 5: Grease a mini muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray.
Or line the mini muffin tin with parchment paper mini muffin liners.
Step 6: Distribute the blueberry muffin batter into the mini muffin tin.
This recipe will make 24 mini muffins.
Step 7: Bake the mini muffins at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool for 3-5 minutes in the pan, then use a knife along the edges to remove the mini muffins onto a wire cooling rack.
How to store
Leftover blueberry muffins should be stored in an airtight container or bag in the fridge once cooled.
These mini blueberry muffins have just 83 calories each and 2 grams of protein!
So light and fluffy and just the right amount of sweetness from juicy fresh blueberries.
Greek yogurt is the secret ingredient that I often use in muffin recipes.
Not only does it make them super fluffy, but it adds a hidden protein punch.
Give these blueberry muffins a try, you will love them!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
More muffin recipes
- Cake Mix Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Muffins
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
We love mini muffins, and these blueberry ones did not disappoint!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted completely dry
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, lemon zest, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined with a rubber spatula
- Fold in the blueberries
- Grease a mini muffin tin and distribute the blueberry muffin batter evenly into the 24 cups
- Bake the blueberry mini muffins at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool 3-5 minutes, then run a knife along the edge to remove the muffins onto a wire cooling rack
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or bag in the fridge
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g