These easy mini chocolate chip muffins are the best healthy muffins for kids!
These mini chocolate chip muffins are my kids’ favorite muffin recipe.
They are inspired by my favorite greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins, but made into mini muffins!
My little ones devour these muffins and I love eating them myself for a snack or breakfast.
These chocolate chip muffins are made with wholesome ingredients like greek yogurt and maple syrup, so fluffy, and taste amazing!
We love mini muffin recipes for easy snacks and mini banana muffins, mini blueberry muffins, mini pancake muffins, and mini pumpkin muffins are more favorites.
Ingredients to make mini chocolate chip muffins
- plain full fat greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
- pure maple syrup: our favorite all natural sweetener
- all purpose flour: or whole wheat pastry flour
- mini chocolate chips
These muffins are so simple to come together and don’t take long to bake, since they are mini sized.
How to make chocolate chip mini muffins
Step 1: Add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl: flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
Step 2: In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients for the muffins together. Whisk the greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted butter until combined. Whisk in the eggs.
I love using greek yogurt in muffin recipes because it adds such a great fluffiness to the muffins. These healthy chocolate muffins are another favorite of ours that uses greek yogurt.
Once you have combined the wet ingredients together, it’s time to finish mixing the muffin batter.
Step 3: Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until just combined. Do not over mix as this can result in dense muffins.
Step 4: Fold in the mini chocolate chips into the muffin batter using a rubber spatula.
The batter should look like this.
Step 5: Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Distribute the muffin batter evenly into the 24 mini muffin cups.
Top the muffin batter with additional mini chocolate chips.
Step 6: Bake the mini chocolate chip muffins at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool several minutes, then run a knife along the edges to remove the mini muffins onto a wire cooling rack.
How to store
Keep any leftover mini muffins in an airtight bag or container in the fridge and eat within 3-5 days. I like to keep mini in a ziploc bag in the fridge as they last longer than on the countertop.
My kids and I usually eat the whole batch within a few days. It’s hard to just eat one when they are so good!
More muffin recipes
My kids love them, I love them, and they are a great sweet treat, snack or breakfast. Just look at that fluffy texture!
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
This really is the perfect healthy muffin recipe for kids.
It’s made with minimal added sugar and there is chocolate in every bite.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
These easy healthy mini chocolate chip muffins are the best muffins for kids!
- 1 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- In another bowl, whisk together the whole greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted butter. Whisk in the eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined (do not over mix)
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray
- Distribute the batter evenly into the muffin pan and top with additional mini chocolate chips
- Bake the mini muffins at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Cool several minutes, then use a knife along the edges to remove the mini muffins from the pan
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Friday 21st of October 2022
Does this recipe work with replacing the butter with coconut oil?
Wednesday 16th of November 2022