These no bake protein bars are made with just 7 ingredients. Easy gluten free wholesome homemade protein bars made in minutes!
Homemade protein bars are one of my favorite healthy snacks to keep on hand in the freezer.
These protein bars are a great option if you don’t want to spend the time rolling energy bites by hand. Each bar has 12g of protein in it and is made with real ingredients you can recognize.
I personally have a hard time finding store bought protein bars that both taste good and don’t have a long list of ingredients. That’s why I decided to make my own.
Ingredients to make protein bars
- creamy no stir peanut butter
- honey: my favorite natural sweetener to use
- oats: old fashioned aka rolled oats
- vanilla protein powder
- dark chocolate chips
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt, for topping: this is optional, but highly recommended!
How to make no bake protein bars
Step 1: Stir together the creamy peanut butter and honey until combined. I have found it’s easier to do this step first before adding the dry ingredients.
Step 2: Stir in the rolled oats and vanilla protein powder until combined. The batter should be thick but not too sticky.
I used vanilla protein powder for this recipe, but you could also use chocolate.
Step 3: Transfer the peanut butter batter to an 8 by 8 baking dish. I lined mine with parchment paper for easy clean up. Flatten down the top and spread it evenly into the pan. A rubber spatula works best for this step.
Step 4: Melt the dark chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth. Stir often to avoid burning.
Step 5: Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter layer and smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the melted chocolate layer generously with flaked sea salt.
Flaked sea salt is optional, but I love that salty sweet flavor that it brings to sweet recipes like this one!
Step 6: Chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to firm the bars before cutting. The chocolate should be hardened on top. Cut the bars into 16 pieces.
how to store
To store these bars, place them in an airtight ziploc bag or container in the fridge or freezer. Personally I like to place them in a ziploc bag in the freezer to have easy grab and go snacks or desserts for weeks.
- peanut butter: I have not tried this with another nut butter but I think it would work just fine
- honey: substitute pure maple syrup
- protein powder: try another flavor like chocolate
- chocolate chips: use dairy free if necessary
more protein packed recipes
- protein peanut butter cups
- almond butter protein balls
- chocolate energy balls
- chocolate cashew protein bars
- protein overnight oats
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
- 1 ¼ cups creamy no stir peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt, for topping
- Stir together the peanut butter and honey until combined
- Stir in the oats and vanilla protein powder until totally mixed. The batter should be thick but not too sticky.
- Transfer the peanut butter batter to an 8 by 8 parchment paper lined baking dish. Flatten down the top and spread it evenly into the pan.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and semi sweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until smooth. Stir often to avoid burning.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter layer and smooth it out using a rubber spatula
- Sprinkle flaked sea salt over the top of the melted chocolate layer
- Chill in the fridge until the chocolate is set, or 1-2 hours. The chocolate should be hardened completely
- Cut the bars into 16 pieces and store in an airtight bag or container in the fridge or freezer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 12g
nutritional information is not always accurate and depends on brands of ingredients used