No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Protein Bars that you can make in minutes. These bars are perfect for meal prepping!
Robbie and I spend a small fortune every month on protein bars.
For me, I like one a day as an easy snack.
For Robbie, he needs 2 – 3 a day for work.
As a landscaper in the summer, it’s a job in itself just to keep up enough calories between his work and his running for him to stay full.
I always swore I wouldn’t add yet another homemade item to my list of things I make from scratch (like 90% of the meals we eat), I wanted to experiment to see if I could make us protein bars that were not only not full of junk (like most of the ones at the store) but were also easy.
While there are some healthier options of protein bars (and we shop from the organic section), most are glorified candy bars with protein powder.
I had these protein bars made in around 10 minutes and surprised myself at just how easy they were.
I’m officially making our protein bars most of the time now.
Not only were they more affordable, but I love how they taste!
These chocolate chip peanut butter protein bars are made with healthy ingredients, but they taste like dessert.
In fact, I had one for a sweet treat after dinner last night and it hit the spot!
Once you make the “dough” it should be fairly dry and not stick to your hands.
These are no bake, so all you need to do is make the dough and press it into a pan.
Freeze until set, cut, and store.
As usual, I’m already dreaming up all of the flavors of protein bars and protein balls I want to make.
With summer fast approaching I’ll be in full on make-as-many-snacks-as-possible so my husband doesn’t starve mode.
More protein packed recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Classic Energy Bites
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- Cookies & Cream Protein Balls
- Magic Protein Mug Cake
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Healthy Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Are you making these yummy protein bars? I want to see! Don’t forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
- 1 ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup gluten free oat flour
- ⅛ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips or mini chips
- Add honey and peanut butter to a bowl and mix with a rubber spatula until combined
- Add salt, chocolate chips, protein powder, coconut flour, and oat flour and use your hands to mix until it forms a dry batter texture
- Line an 8 X 8 dish with wax paper, and leave enough on the edges to easily lift the bars out of the pan once set
- Press dough into the wax paper, making sure to flatten and press into the corners evenly
- Add a few more chocolate chips on top and press down, if desired
- Freeze for 20 minutes, or until set
- Slice into bars and store in the fridge until ready to eat
- My protein powder is sweetened. If you are using unsweetened protein powder, you might need to add granulated sweetener to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 15g